Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

AQA A2 Mathematics MPC4 Core 4 - 9th June 2015 [Discussion & unofficial markscheme] Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    I'm so worried. I think I lost 10+ marks on that paper due to stupid mistakes

Posted from TSR Mobile
    hey! just wanted to say thanks for helping me soo much. also don't worry I reckon you've aced that a*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the_googly)
    hey! just wanted to say thanks for helping me soo much. also don't worry I reckon you've aced that a*
    That's okay, no worries. Glad it helped. I don't know if I did enough for the A* though unfortunately

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    That's okay, no worries. Glad it helped. I don't know if I did enough for the A* though unfortunately

Posted from TSR Mobile
    same position

and maths is probably the easiest subject to get an A* for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fotevaf)
    same position

and maths is probably the easiest subject to get an A* for me
    Same. I'm gutted. D;

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    QUESTION:

for 2bii

would there be 4 solutions for x as it's sort 29, therefore +-?

ReputationRep:
    can anyone answer me please, i am worried

ReputationRep:
    Great paper! I stupidly didn't read the dif eqn question properly and didn't see x=0 t=0 so I didn't solve the equation, I just left he constant of integration there. How my marks will I lose for that? Spent the last 20 mins trying the last part of vectors instead of checking my work overall I think I got 65-69/75. Will that along with 62-66 in core 3 be enough for 180 ums?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Buntar)
    Great paper! I stupidly didn't read the dif eqn question properly and didn't see x=0 t=0 so I didn't solve the equation, I just left he constant of integration there. How my marks will I lose for that? Spent the last 20 mins trying the last part of vectors instead of checking my work overall I think I got 65-69/75. Will that along with 62-66 in core 3 be enough for 180 ums?
    Grade boundaries seem to be a complete mystery this year, but yeah, it seems you'll get 180 with that, especially if you get the higher marks of that range.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UOE15)
    I did the same thing?! It was very sneaky not stating that x=0 and t=0 ..
    Hah I did that too, did it even say x=0 t=0?

ReputationRep:
    Those saying they got 73/75 should minus 5 or so marks in reality

What this paper easier than last years

ReputationRep:
    Guys, 65 in Core 3, 62 in Core 4. Been an A* for June 11 - 14.

Think this will get me an A*?? please, ANYONE?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skindein)
    guys, on 7B which is a 6 marker, i forgot to differentiate y in the chain rule, i mean i did right but forgot to write down the y so i got 7/4, how many mark will they take out?
    I did exactly that, don't think it will be too bad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2014_GCSE)
    Guys, 65 in Core 3, 62 in Core 4. Been an A* for June 11 - 14.

Think this will get me an A*?? please, ANYONE?
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think full ums was 65 in c4 last year. In my opinion this paper was very similar so you should be good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jed-Singh)
    CD223 mate, might be worth double checking vectors part incase im right, but tbh the way todays been I doubt it lol
    What did you get for the vectors part b and c? Did you use lambda as 4?

ReputationRep:
    How much ums would 55/75 for core 3, 56/75 for core and 67/75 for stats 1b get me like estimate?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by buntar)
    correct me if i'm wrong, but i think full ums was 65 in c4 last year. In my opinion this paper was very similar so you should be good
    I love everybody and this world

(Thanks for replying!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Buntar)
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think full ums was 65 in c4 last year. In my opinion this paper was very similar so you should be good
    judging from everyones reaction it was a lot easier than last year. threrefore A* for c4 is probably the same as june 2010 which was 67. I personally found this years harder but seems like not many people did

ReputationRep:
    Also for the differentials question, I put t into terms of x instead of the other way round don't know what as wrong with me. How many mark lost you reckon??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Millerman)
    I did exactly that, don't think it will be too bad

hope so

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by George1231)
    judging from everyones reaction it was a lot easier than last year. threrefore A* for c4 is probably the same as june 2010 which was 67. I personally found this years harder but seems like not many people did
    It was an easy paper, no doubt, but literally everyone has made a ton of mistakes. People in my class IRL are incredibly clever and have all dropped a ton of marks from random places.

And after all, grade boundaries don't necessarily represent how hard the paper was, just the average results of the people who took it.

I think this is an easy paper that most people have not done so well in.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.