Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

AQA A2 Mathematics MPC4 Core 4 - 9th June 2015 [Discussion & unofficial markscheme] watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    I'm so worried. I think I lost 10+ marks on that paper due to stupid mistakes

Posted from TSR Mobile
    hey! just wanted to say thanks for helping me soo much. also don't worry I reckon you've aced that a*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the_googly)
    hey! just wanted to say thanks for helping me soo much. also don't worry I reckon you've aced that a*
    That's okay, no worries. Glad it helped. I don't know if I did enough for the A* though unfortunately

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    That's okay, no worries. Glad it helped. I don't know if I did enough for the A* though unfortunately

Posted from TSR Mobile
    same position

and maths is probably the easiest subject to get an A* for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fotevaf)
    same position

and maths is probably the easiest subject to get an A* for me
    Same. I'm gutted. D;

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    QUESTION:

for 2bii

would there be 4 solutions for x as it's sort 29, therefore +-?

ReputationRep:
    can anyone answer me please, i am worried

ReputationRep:
    Great paper! I stupidly didn't read the dif eqn question properly and didn't see x=0 t=0 so I didn't solve the equation, I just left he constant of integration there. How my marks will I lose for that? Spent the last 20 mins trying the last part of vectors instead of checking my work overall I think I got 65-69/75. Will that along with 62-66 in core 3 be enough for 180 ums?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Buntar)
    Great paper! I stupidly didn't read the dif eqn question properly and didn't see x=0 t=0 so I didn't solve the equation, I just left he constant of integration there. How my marks will I lose for that? Spent the last 20 mins trying the last part of vectors instead of checking my work overall I think I got 65-69/75. Will that along with 62-66 in core 3 be enough for 180 ums?
    Grade boundaries seem to be a complete mystery this year, but yeah, it seems you'll get 180 with that, especially if you get the higher marks of that range.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UOE15)
    I did the same thing?! It was very sneaky not stating that x=0 and t=0 ..
    Hah I did that too, did it even say x=0 t=0?

ReputationRep:
    Those saying they got 73/75 should minus 5 or so marks in reality

What this paper easier than last years

ReputationRep:
    Guys, 65 in Core 3, 62 in Core 4. Been an A* for June 11 - 14.

Think this will get me an A*?? please, ANYONE?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skindein)
    guys, on 7B which is a 6 marker, i forgot to differentiate y in the chain rule, i mean i did right but forgot to write down the y so i got 7/4, how many mark will they take out?
    I did exactly that, don't think it will be too bad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2014_GCSE)
    Guys, 65 in Core 3, 62 in Core 4. Been an A* for June 11 - 14.

Think this will get me an A*?? please, ANYONE?
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think full ums was 65 in c4 last year. In my opinion this paper was very similar so you should be good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jed-Singh)
    CD223 mate, might be worth double checking vectors part incase im right, but tbh the way todays been I doubt it lol
    What did you get for the vectors part b and c? Did you use lambda as 4?

ReputationRep:
    How much ums would 55/75 for core 3, 56/75 for core and 67/75 for stats 1b get me like estimate?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by buntar)
    correct me if i'm wrong, but i think full ums was 65 in c4 last year. In my opinion this paper was very similar so you should be good
    I love everybody and this world

(Thanks for replying!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Buntar)
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think full ums was 65 in c4 last year. In my opinion this paper was very similar so you should be good
    judging from everyones reaction it was a lot easier than last year. threrefore A* for c4 is probably the same as june 2010 which was 67. I personally found this years harder but seems like not many people did

ReputationRep:
    Also for the differentials question, I put t into terms of x instead of the other way round don't know what as wrong with me. How many mark lost you reckon??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Millerman)
    I did exactly that, don't think it will be too bad

hope so

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by George1231)
    judging from everyones reaction it was a lot easier than last year. threrefore A* for c4 is probably the same as june 2010 which was 67. I personally found this years harder but seems like not many people did
    It was an easy paper, no doubt, but literally everyone has made a ton of mistakes. People in my class IRL are incredibly clever and have all dropped a ton of marks from random places.

And after all, grade boundaries don't necessarily represent how hard the paper was, just the average results of the people who took it.

I think this is an easy paper that most people have not done so well in.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 3, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.