Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

AQA A2 Mathematics MPC4 Core 4 - 9th June 2015 [Discussion & unofficial markscheme] Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Buntar)
    Hah I did that too, did it even say x=0 t=0?
    Yeah I thought about ti afterwards and it said initially (meaning t=0) the pond was empty therefore x=0 too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by George1231)
    judging from everyones reaction it was a lot easier than last year. threrefore A* for c4 is probably the same as june 2010 which was 67. I personally found this years harder but seems like not many people did
    It's possible I guess, but it's very difficult to judge from peoples reactions on here. I just took a quick look at 2010 and I feel as if today's paper was more similar to last year's. Can't see full ums being higher than 68 tbh that's assuming it was slightly easier today

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know how many marks I'd get for the angle between the vectors question? I got the wrong final answer. It did te right method. Pretty sure I just copied a value down wrong somewhere or something. Also, for the minimum value of the harmonic form question I had x as a negative, didn't realise it had a range In the question, anyone know how many I'd have dropped in that as well? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I found c=1 in 8(a) but didn't finish the rearrange bit to get into the form they asked, how many marks will I lose at most?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2014_GCSE)
    It was an easy paper, no doubt, but literally everyone has made a ton of mistakes. People in my class IRL are incredibly clever and have all dropped a ton of marks from random places.

And after all, grade boundaries don't necessarily represent how hard the paper was, just the average results of the people who took it.

I think this is an easy paper that most people have not done so well in.
    Yes that is right but reading other peoples marks 65 will not be 100ums. I think if its an A* i will be very happy

ReputationRep:
    I got 244ums last year, got about 60 in core 3, 53 in core 4 and 67 in stats, what grade would this get?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UOE15)
    Yeah I thought about ti afterwards and it said initially (meaning t=0) the pond was empty therefore x=0 too
    That is very cheeky of them! Maybe 2 marks lost for this mistake?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Buntar)
    That is very cheeky of them! Maybe 2 marks lost for this mistake?
    Yeah I reckon so. It was 7 marks so the last two for substituting values to find C, and then actually finding C, so provided the rest is right 4/5 marks I guess.

ReputationRep:
    Model Answers Just Q6 part (c) that's different so could someone please enlighten me.
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf Core 4 2015 Page 1.pdf (123.0 KB, 137 views)
  2. File Type: pdf Core 4 2015 Page 2.pdf (110.1 KB, 108 views)
  3. File Type: pdf Core 4 2015 page 3.pdf (132.9 KB, 96 views)
  4. File Type: pdf Core 4 2015 Page 4.pdf (127.6 KB, 97 views)
  5. File Type: pdf Core 4 2015 Page 5.pdf (123.5 KB, 99 views)
  6. File Type: pdf Core 4 2015 Page 6.pdf (116.1 KB, 109 views)
  7. File Type: pdf Core 4 2015 Page 7.pdf (133.5 KB, 131 views)
  8. File Type: pdf Core 4 2015 page 8.pdf (129.7 KB, 126 views)
  9. File Type: pdf Core 4 2015 Page 9.pdf (110.1 KB, 129 views)
  10. File Type: pdf Core 4 2015 Page 10.pdf (118.8 KB, 133 views)

ReputationRep:
    Guys for Q5c) I did not use a quadratic in the terms of SINQ. I got a quadratic by making the cartesian equation of the curve equalling the equation of the normal of the curve? My quadratic equation then gave me two x values which I subbed back into to x= cos2t which got me the right answer somehow - cant exactly remember my method. Nonetheless, will I drop marks for not putting the quadratic for not in terms of sinQ? I thought they added that line to help candidates but it just confused me so I went my own way round of answering it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HenryC0302)
    Model Answers Just Q6 part (c) that's different so could someone please enlighten me.
    Last Page Sorry
    Attached Images
  11. File Type: pdf Core 4 2015 Page 11.pdf (109.1 KB, 77 views)

ReputationRep:
    The differential equation C = 1, not 2?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    The differential equation C = 1, not 2?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Agreed, other than that they all look like the correct working, useful for working out how many marks I've got on vectors aha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CAulet567)
    Guys for Q5c) I did not use a quadratic in the terms of SINQ. I got a quadratic by making the cartesian equation of the curve equalling the equation of the normal of the curve? My quadratic equation then gave me two x values which I subbed back into to x= cos2t which got me the right answer somehow - cant exactly remember my method. Nonetheless, will I drop marks for not putting the quadratic for not in terms of sinQ? I thought they added that line to help candidates but it just confused me so I went my own way round of answering it?
    please please can someone help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by will_iredale)
    Agreed, other than that they all look like the correct working, useful for working out how many marks I've got on vectors aha
    I screwed up E so much :L got 0 on that, and looks like 0 on the gradient on P too :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    100 UMS cap?

ReputationRep:
    This person has written BE is length = ½AC, when it should be DE. Therefore the other value of µ should have been 6.

ReputationRep:
    On page 10 when you have gone to find c your power on the LHS has changed to -1/2 instead of 1/2. So based on your previous workings c would come out to be 5.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubisoft)
    100 UMS cap?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by George1231)
    I would say a bit lower, maybe 66-68?

Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.