Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA A2 Mathematics MPC4 Core 4 - 9th June 2015 [Discussion & unofficial markscheme] watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Buntar)
    Hah I did that too, did it even say x=0 t=0?
    Yeah I thought about ti afterwards and it said initially (meaning t=0) the pond was empty therefore x=0 too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by George1231)
    judging from everyones reaction it was a lot easier than last year. threrefore A* for c4 is probably the same as june 2010 which was 67. I personally found this years harder but seems like not many people did
    It's possible I guess, but it's very difficult to judge from peoples reactions on here. I just took a quick look at 2010 and I feel as if today's paper was more similar to last year's. Can't see full ums being higher than 68 tbh that's assuming it was slightly easier today

ReputationRep:
    I found c=1 in 8(a) but didn't finish the rearrange bit to get into the form they asked, how many marks will I lose at most?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know how many marks I'd get for the angle between the vectors question? I got the wrong final answer. It did te right method. Pretty sure I just copied a value down wrong somewhere or something. Also, for the minimum value of the harmonic form question I had x as a negative, didn't realise it had a range In the question, anyone know how many I'd have dropped in that as well? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2014_GCSE)
    It was an easy paper, no doubt, but literally everyone has made a ton of mistakes. People in my class IRL are incredibly clever and have all dropped a ton of marks from random places.

And after all, grade boundaries don't necessarily represent how hard the paper was, just the average results of the people who took it.

I think this is an easy paper that most people have not done so well in.
    Yes that is right but reading other peoples marks 65 will not be 100ums. I think if its an A* i will be very happy

ReputationRep:
    I got 244ums last year, got about 60 in core 3, 53 in core 4 and 67 in stats, what grade would this get?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UOE15)
    Yeah I thought about ti afterwards and it said initially (meaning t=0) the pond was empty therefore x=0 too
    That is very cheeky of them! Maybe 2 marks lost for this mistake?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Buntar)
    That is very cheeky of them! Maybe 2 marks lost for this mistake?
    Yeah I reckon so. It was 7 marks so the last two for substituting values to find C, and then actually finding C, so provided the rest is right 4/5 marks I guess.

ReputationRep:
    Model Answers Just Q6 part (c) that's different so could someone please enlighten me.
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf Core 4 2015 Page 1.pdf (123.0 KB, 147 views)
  2. File Type: pdf Core 4 2015 Page 2.pdf (110.1 KB, 118 views)
  3. File Type: pdf Core 4 2015 page 3.pdf (132.9 KB, 122 views)
  4. File Type: pdf Core 4 2015 Page 4.pdf (127.6 KB, 105 views)
  5. File Type: pdf Core 4 2015 Page 5.pdf (123.5 KB, 108 views)
  6. File Type: pdf Core 4 2015 Page 6.pdf (116.1 KB, 118 views)
  7. File Type: pdf Core 4 2015 Page 7.pdf (133.5 KB, 140 views)
  8. File Type: pdf Core 4 2015 page 8.pdf (129.7 KB, 134 views)
  9. File Type: pdf Core 4 2015 Page 9.pdf (110.1 KB, 137 views)
  10. File Type: pdf Core 4 2015 Page 10.pdf (118.8 KB, 143 views)

ReputationRep:
    Guys for Q5c) I did not use a quadratic in the terms of SINQ. I got a quadratic by making the cartesian equation of the curve equalling the equation of the normal of the curve? My quadratic equation then gave me two x values which I subbed back into to x= cos2t which got me the right answer somehow - cant exactly remember my method. Nonetheless, will I drop marks for not putting the quadratic for not in terms of sinQ? I thought they added that line to help candidates but it just confused me so I went my own way round of answering it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HenryC0302)
    Model Answers Just Q6 part (c) that's different so could someone please enlighten me.
    Last Page Sorry
    Attached Images
  11. File Type: pdf Core 4 2015 Page 11.pdf (109.1 KB, 88 views)

ReputationRep:
    The differential equation C = 1, not 2?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    The differential equation C = 1, not 2?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Agreed, other than that they all look like the correct working, useful for working out how many marks I've got on vectors aha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CAulet567)
    Guys for Q5c) I did not use a quadratic in the terms of SINQ. I got a quadratic by making the cartesian equation of the curve equalling the equation of the normal of the curve? My quadratic equation then gave me two x values which I subbed back into to x= cos2t which got me the right answer somehow - cant exactly remember my method. Nonetheless, will I drop marks for not putting the quadratic for not in terms of sinQ? I thought they added that line to help candidates but it just confused me so I went my own way round of answering it?
    please please can someone help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by will_iredale)
    Agreed, other than that they all look like the correct working, useful for working out how many marks I've got on vectors aha
    I screwed up E so much :L got 0 on that, and looks like 0 on the gradient on P too :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    100 UMS cap?

ReputationRep:
    This person has written BE is length = ½AC, when it should be DE. Therefore the other value of µ should have been 6.

ReputationRep:
    On page 10 when you have gone to find c your power on the LHS has changed to -1/2 instead of 1/2. So based on your previous workings c would come out to be 5.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubisoft)
    100 UMS cap?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by George1231)
    I would say a bit lower, maybe 66-68?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.