Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

AQA A2 Mathematics MPC4 Core 4 - 9th June 2015 [Discussion & unofficial markscheme] Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForgottenApple)
    Any chance you could be have less parallax?
    Hahaha. Beggars can't be choosers

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    74 c3
    60 c4
    a/a*?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HennersPD)
    Ah ok thanks for doing this for me, really appreciate it what'd you think you got on core 4? if you don't get the A* like you miss it by a few ums do you think the university will understand you perhaps had a bad day? :/ any advice about how to stop worrying and not let it affect my other exams? :/
    Messed them up as well, missed loads easy marks and can't get over it. I'm worrying about getting an a* now though before the exams I thought I can go for 100ums. Joking now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hilton184)
    74 c3
    60 c4
    a/a*?
    Deffo an a*

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renewhj)
    Messed them up as well, missed loads easy marks and can't get over it. I'm worrying about getting an a* now though before the exams I thought I can go for 100ums. Joking now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same with me! Should have got 100UMD if it weren't for the bloody differential equation, keeps playing in my mind as I saw my mistake with 10 seconds to go!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    74 c3
    60 c4
    a/a*?
    C4 boundaries;
    63 - 90
    68 - 100

So yes A*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renewhj)
    Deffo an a*

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I hope so, I did really well on core 3 and then messed up some things on core 4 that I really should have got right! I mean this paper was easier than last years, which has 59/75 for an A* and 54 for an A I believe. So the grade boundaries won't go up by more than 6 will they? Haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jjsnyder)
    Same with me! Should have got 100UMD if it weren't for the bloody differential equation, keeps playing in my mind as I saw my mistake with 10 seconds to go!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same.Messed with the volume question in core 3 and wasted years in it but turns out I was right.But I didn't have enough time to finish the very last 5 marker! Same thing happened in core 4, did all hard questions right but did the binomial one and the sinq one without knowledge fgs.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I hope so, I did really well on core 3 and then messed up some things on core 4 that I really should have got right! I mean this paper was easier than last years, which has 59/75 for an A* and 54 for an A I believe. So the grade boundaries won't go up by more than 6 will they? Haha
    They won't cuz core 3 was bad and core 4 boundary will not be higher than core 3's.Well if it does, you'll prob see me end up in McDonald's instead of a decent uni

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Do you lot think that 55 on both core 3 and core 4 and 67 marks on stats would get me 233 ums overall?

ReputationRep:
    It is funny the amount of people (including myself) that should have done better. Surely we can't ALL have had a bad day? I've got no excuses lol. Would make it more acceptable if I did ...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RavinderKlair97)
    Do you lot think that 55 on both core 3 and core 4 and 67 marks on stats would get me 233 ums overall?
    stats boundries are really high so it will be an A but probably not 90 ums. 55 on core 3 probably high/mid B same for core 4. so you will be around that mark yes.

ReputationRep:
    I messed up the trig question so feel gutted. put tan 2/5 instead of 5/2 for the angle arrrgh

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    It is funny the amount of people (including myself) that should have done better. Surely we can't ALL have had a bad day? I've got no excuses lol. Would make it more acceptable if I did ...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Completely agree with this.
    Easy exam (objectively), but far far less people did well in it than usual.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hopefully the grade boundaries won't be as high as we think. theres seems to be a lot of people within the 60/65 mark hoping/predicted an A*. Therefore surely soon of us have achieved it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2014_GCSE)
    Eek, sorry man! I never thought of it that way. On the plus side, there's more people to pull the grade boundaries down if we all fail, woohoo!I would say that's an A*, yes. That 70+ in C3 could be 100UMS so as long as you have 80UMS in Core 4, you're fine.

That's true. Hey, all the best of luck to you! How do you think you've done?
    But will high 50s be an A in core 4? cos people on here seem to be saying it was very easy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I just need to calm down and to be careful.Although I can't really improve my score now :)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.