Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

AQA A2 Mathematics MPC4 Core 4 - 9th June 2015 [Discussion & unofficial markscheme] Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForgottenApple)
    Probably
    I reckon you 100% on C3 maybe good A minimum C4
    Defo A*
    Lemme know in august
    I'll be gutted if I miss out on it. :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    I'll be gutted if I miss out on it. :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You won't!!!
    73 on core 3 is surely 100UMS and I highly doubt 65 won't be an A, which is the minimum you need. So definitely an A* for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForgottenApple)
    You won't!!!
    73 on core 3 is surely 100UMS and I highly doubt 65 won't be an A, which is the minimum you need. So definitely an A* for you.
    Thanks for the reassurance still got M2 to go but I guess it's nowhere near as important as the core ones! Have you got any more maths exams?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    Thanks for the reassurance still got M2 to go but I guess it's nowhere near as important as the core ones! Have you got any more maths exams?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nope just G485 and F325 :O

ReputationRep:
    Grade boundary predictions for an A grade ? Last year was 54 and many other years was 53 the highest being 57 since 2011

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yunus_Eskisan)
    Grade boundary predictions for an A grade ? Last year was 54 and many other years was 53 the highest being 57 since 2011
    Somewhere between 56 and 60 probably, easier than last year by quite a bit but i doubt it will ever be above 60 for core 4.

ReputationRep:
    Could i reapply to university next year as i will retake some a2 modules to boost my grades. As im predicted A*AA could i apply to places like durham/imperial for chemistry?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by will_iredale)
    Somewhere between 56 and 60 probably, easier than last year by quite a bit but i doubt it will ever be above 60 for core 4.
    But then core 3 should be lower right? After all it was a harder paper? But then It's confusing because looking at the grade boundery trends last couple of sets of papers core 4 has always been lower than core 3, it's so frustrating, because I might just miss out on my A by ~2 UMS :'(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rohit12359)
    But then core 3 should be lower right? After all it was a harder paper? But then It's confusing because looking at the grade boundery trends last couple of sets of papers core 4 has always been lower than core 3, it's so frustrating, because I might just miss out on my A by ~2 UMS :'(
    C3 was definitely much harder than previous years so I would expect the ums to definitely be lower than last year's, by how much I don't know but if I had to hazard a guess then maybe 2 or 3 if I'm being generous. I found C3 harder than C4 which shouldn't be happening and got higher raw marks in C4 according to the unofficial mark schemes.

Having said that though it feels bad that after every good exam I've had this year I start to feel confident about getting high ums only to then go on TSR and see "Easy exam. Expect grade boundaries to be very high".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HennersPD)
    Could i reapply to university next year as i will retake some a2 modules to boost my grades. As im predicted A*AA could i apply to places like durham/imperial for chemistry?
    Dude don't think of these things until results day! Things could easily go your way.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexandrite)
    C3 was definitely much harder than previous years so I would expect the ums to definitely be lower than last year's, by how much I don't know but if I had to hazard a guess then maybe 2 or 3 if I'm being generous. I found C3 harder than C4 which shouldn't be happening and got higher raw marks in C4 according to the unofficial mark schemes.

Having said that though it feels bad that after every good exam I've had this year I start to feel confident about getting high ums only to then go on TSR and see "Easy exam. Expect grade boundaries to be very high".
    The thing is nearly everyone one here is trying for A & A* so how people found the paper is always distorted, after c3 for example opinions were mixed on here but twitter was almost unanimously saying it was a horrible exam.

ReputationRep:
    The thing is nearly everyone one here is trying for A & A* so how people found the paper is always distorted, after c3 for example opinions were mixed on here but twitter was almost unanimously saying it was a horrible exam.
    Funny how Twitter gives a more negative view than on here.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi, is it enough to obtain A level maths by doing C1-4 , S1 and FP1 ?

ReputationRep:
    How many ums would roughly 59 marks be?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah C3 was the exception but I can't say I did well there since I absolutely collapsed to the point where even low boundaries can't save me. It's just a shame that in the exams that I did better in (M1, C4, S1) everyone, including twitter, said they were easier with S1 being about the same though the boundaries were already insanely high last year. I agree with that tbh but in the case of C4 and M1 I thought they were easier by maybe 2-3 marks worth, which would at least still get me high enough ums to make up for my C3 only to then come on here and see everyone saying they'll be 6-7 marks higher, enough to still scrape an A but not to make up for my C3 which means a high B overall and missed offer.

At the end of the day it's my own fault for not doing better in those exams as well as letting C3 tilt me into silly mistakes, without which I would've probably still gotten an A in that paper, but I still hope everybody here is wrong. I doubt they actually will be since these A*/"100 UMS or bust" students probably have a better idea of exam difficulty and boundaries than I do but I'm going to hold out some hope until August.

ReputationRep:
    Would 59/60 be an A ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yunus_Eskisan)
    Would 59/60 be an A ?
    Yeah should be

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Come results day this will be the exam I'm more worried for 😑

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eric1373)
    Hi, is it enough to obtain A level maths by doing C1-4 , S1 and FP1 ?
    Nope, FP1 can only be used in further maths AS and A level, you'd have to do either D1, D2, M1 or S1. I'm not sure if M2 or S2 are further maths only modules so can't help you there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SomeGuy96)
    Nope, FP1 can only be used in further maths AS and A level, you'd have to do either D1, D2, M1 or S1. I'm not sure if M2 or S2 are further maths only modules so can't help you there.
    I do M2 and I've just done normal maths. You can only do the 1s in normal maths, or two of the same module.

In other words you do C1-4, M1 and S1. Or you do C1-4, M1 and M2 etc.

Does that help?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.