Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

AQA A2 Mathematics MPC4 Core 4 - 9th June 2015 [Discussion & unofficial markscheme] Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K_L1234)
    Thanks, but how do you get from 2sinxcosx to 1-2sin^2x
    This may help a bit more, the trick is to make a fraction and them factor out the cosx/sinx common factors which will get you it. Hope this has helped ignore the photo with sinxcos2x :s

Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1432228012.175663.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  154.5 KB
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1432228123.016867.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  134.0 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saad97)
    Damn how on earth did you manage that?! I found that paper ridiculously difficult but that's probably because I hadn't done enough past papers before my mock, looking over it now it doesn't seem that bad I guess but still that's amazing, only if I was that clever aha
    Yeah I just struggle with vectors and parts of exponential models I guess.
    I don't know. I was having a good day :P

You are clever I'm sure! I'm certainly no genius. I was saying that if I'm capable of that then so are you.

So do most people!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That is great help, thanks again.

ReputationRep:
    That is great help, thanks again.
    How's your prep going?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    A lot of distractions but ok, core 3 and stats 1 are fine but still struggling with core 4

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    A lot of distractions but ok, core 3 and stats 1 are fine but still struggling with core 4

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think that's the case for most people so I wouldn't worry! What grade are you hoping for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well I only need a B for uni but I could get an A

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well I only need a B for uni but I could get an A

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's good! Good luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! I would ask you but I've already read your posts ☺ but good luck to you too! I'm sure you won't need it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! I would ask you but I've already read your posts ☺ but good luck to you too! I'm sure you won't need it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Aw, haha. I do need it. AQA will probably throw a hard paper at us this year. We'll all need some luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Haha I guess so. Although I need completely re-teaching vectors, I've forgotten everything.

ReputationRep:
    Haha I guess so. Although I need completely re-teaching vectors, I've forgotten everything.
    Ah right! There can be some odd questions on that topic so that sounds sensible.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For jan 11 question 8bi

You get two values of u for the coordinates of C so how do you know which one to chose? Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1432290831.214109.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  130.6 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmilyC96)
    For jan 11 question 8bi

You get two values of u for the coordinates of C so how do you know which one to chose? Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1432290831.214109.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  130.6 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I was wondering this a while ago, my teacher said that you choose the smallest value because it is a trapezium rather than a parallelogram. If you look at the diagram the larger value would be a line adjacent to AC (I think). As BD (again I don't have the diagram) is going towards the left, you want the smaller value. (I think this is the same question I did).

Does that make sense?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student0042)
    I was wondering this a while ago, my teacher said that you choose the smallest value because it is a trapezium rather than a parallelogram. If you look at the diagram the larger value would be a line adjacent to AC (I think). As BD (again I don't have the diagram) is going towards the left, you want the smaller value. (I think this is the same question I did).

Does that make sense?
    Yes! (I think Hahaa) thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes! (I think Hahaa) thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do you know what year the question was from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student0042)
    Do you know what year the question was from?
    Jan 11

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've found every paper so far really easy, can get through one every 50 minutes, excited for the exam as it should be harder than these past papers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stepidermis)
    I've found every paper so far really easy, can get through one every 50 minutes, excited for the exam as it should be harder than these past papers!
    :O I'm like that for core 3 and decision but no way near for core 4!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Jan 11

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes, that's the one I thought it was. Anyway with the correct points, the line AD would be parallel with B (line 2 of µ = 1)(E).
    The line BC and CE would be the same length, and are on the same line hence there are 2 values of µ. You want the shorter one as it's a trapezium.

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.