Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

AQA A2 Mathematics MPC4 Core 4 - 9th June 2015 [Discussion & unofficial markscheme] Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmilyC96)
    Could someone please explain 6b on jan09 for me please :/ I got 6a right just no idea for part b

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You need to rearrange the expression you got for  \frac{dy}{dx} to get y on it's own and then sub it into the original equation I believe.

ReputationRep:
    What's the difference between ln15^10 and ln(15)^10?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can somebody explain this to me. june 14 q4c

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    If anyone likes a challenge:
    Attachment 418305

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Where is this from?
    Solutions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiwa)
    You need to rearrange the expression you got for  \frac{dy}{dx} to get y on it's own and then sub it into the original equation I believe.
    Still can't get it :/ hmmmm

EDIT: I got it! Was trying to sub y back in to dy/dx 😑 hahaa

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the_googly)
    Can somebody explain this to me. june 14 q4c

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Did u manage to work it out? I can post u my solution..

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't even worried for this anyway so now that I think I've got the 100 in Core 3 it's just like meh 😂

ReputationRep:
    Didn't think core 3 was that bad, it was probably the hardest core 3 they made, should expect an A to be like 57 or something. Could anyone help me on the last part of this question, how are you meant to draw the rhombus? How to you know which sides go where?

Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1433530600.425135.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  102.8 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimmy20002012)
    Didn't think core 3 was that bad, it was probably the hardest core 3 they made, should expect an A to be like 57 or something. Could anyone help me on the last part of this question, how are you meant to draw the rhombus? How to you know which sides go where?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I done this question
    Let me send it to you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1433530965.826188.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  141.4 KB

Hope this helps

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    whats the best way to learn vectors and exponential growth/decay questions. I know past papers are the key but to actually understand it? just understanding C4 in general actually :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ankitaa123)
    whats the best way to learn vectors and exponential growth/decay questions. I know past papers are the key but to actually understand it? just understanding C4 in general actually :/
    Go on Mrbartonmaths website, it's really good or watch jack brown on YouTube he's really good too

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stepidermis)
    I wasn't even worried for this anyway so now that I think I've got the 100 in Core 3 it's just like meh 😂
    --

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JF2013)
    Go on Mrbartonmaths website, it's really good or watch jack brown on YouTube he's really good too

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JF2013)
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1433530965.826188.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  141.4 KB

Hope this helps

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I do understand the method, but how you meant to draw it, like how do you know where D lies as I got that wrong when sketching so found different distances? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I do understand the method, but how you meant to draw it, like how do you know where D lies as I got that wrong when sketching so found different distances? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Earlier on in the question it states that ABC is an acute angle, so the points ABC have to join together, this means that D can only be in one other place

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ucasunderdog)
    Earlier on in the question it states that ABC is an acute angle, so the points ABC have to join together, this means that D can only be in one other place
    Ahh that kinda makes sense. How did you find C3?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ahh that kinda makes sense. How did you find C3?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It was a pretty difficult paper compared to the previous years, but I think it went well overall, just hoping c4 won't be a ***** like last year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the_googly)
    What's the difference between ln15^10 and ln(15)^10?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The difference is that the first is the natural log of 15^10, whereas the second is the [natural log of 15]^10 .

EDIT: going to sleep so can't respond xD!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiwa)
    It was the most difficult C3 paper in my opinion. I made some dumb mistakes, but I found it alright. I was so happy about the integration by substitution question as I actually put it in the form  p\sqrt5 + q\sqrt2 . That question wasn't easy at all. How did you find it?
    Ah no! I found it okay I guess - most people agreed with my mark scheme which was good. Just so nervous for Core 4 as I think it will be hard

(Original post by HennersPD)
    Im so upset what ums do you think 66/75 will be? :/ need A* in maths for bath now
    Don't be! 66 will definitely be 90+ UMS. Can't see how it wouldn't be!

(Original post by Willff)
    Where is this from?
    Solutions?
    June 2011 pilot paper.

Solution:
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1433577538.460337.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  206.5 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.