Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

AQA A2 Mathematics MPC4 Core 4 - 9th June 2015 [Discussion & unofficial markscheme] Watch

ReputationRep:
    Night! Thanks for your help! And good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 8472)
    Just wondering how people do these sorts of question? :beard:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Long division and you should get a remainder which you put over the original function

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student0042)
    Here BC and BE have the same length, but you want the shorter length (5/7) because the original shape is a trapezium, not a parallelogram.
    Ohhh, okay - thank you!!

ReputationRep:
    Well, I'm off for tonight. God bless everybody. You've all worked hard. You'll ace it. Thank you to everyone who's helped me in my preparation for this exam. I appreciate it!

ReputationRep:
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  460.9 KBCan someone please do a written answer for 4bii? I don't get these kinds of questions :/

ReputationRep:
    Do we need to memorise the equation for sin3x, cos3x, and tan3x?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamza3256)
    Do we need to memorise the equation for sin3x, cos3x, and tan3x?
    The question will say "use the addition formulas" to work out sin3x etc., so no.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  J131BI.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  13.2 KB

how does C=2?

ReputationRep:
    I've done every paper and I'm still worried :/, I think it's cause they put a curve ball of some kind in every paper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student0042)
    The question will say "use the addition formulas" to work out sin3x etc., so no.
    Thank you very much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YoloSwagginz)
    I've done every paper and I'm still worried :/, I think it's cause they put a curve ball of some kind in every paper
    Can you give an example of that type of question, or just tell me the past paper?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Starcrossed123)
Size:  460.9 KBCan someone please do a written answer for 4bii? I don't get these kinds of questions :/
    Put the equation for P -45000 is equal to the equation for Q then divide everything by 500 to simplify, then you should be able to times everything by e^1/8t to get that equation then just factorise for T

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MikeyCheung)
    Name:  J131BI.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  13.2 KB

how does C=2?
    Right c under the same denominator as the other part of the equation you will soon realize inorder to get x^3 it's the product of c and the denominator

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Starcrossed123)
    I haven't checked if this is right yet but this is how I would do it!Name:  image.jpg
Views: 259
Size:  505.9 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JF2013)
    Long division and you should get a remainder which you put over the original function

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How do you do long division when dividing by a factor with 3 terms and x^2 in it

EDIT: NEVER MIND, FOUND A GREAT GUIDE ONLINE: http://www.sosmath.com/algebra/factor/fac01/fac01.html

ReputationRep:
    Here's hoping for a difficult paper.

ReputationRep:
    Can you give an example of that type of question, or just tell me the past paper?
    Pretty much every paper man, me giving specifics won't help you, like say june 2013 vectors due to area being three times larger it's due to the change in height abc to Abe so you can right BE as like 3BE or w.e

Then the few weird Cartesian equations etc they are in every paper

ReputationRep:
    You know for the question that includes R(cos(x)-angle), How do you find out the maximum and the minimum?

ReputationRep:
    You know for the question that includes R(cos(x)-angle), How do you find out the maximum and the minimum?
    Minima and maximum occur as the cos graph changes like for cos it's max value is when cos is 1 and minima is cos = -1

So -r is min and r is max

Now say they want the angle well if it wants the minima and your equation is cos(x-50)

Well minima occurs at cos(180) so really x must be 230 in order for minima to occur

ReputationRep:
    So nervous for vectors (

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.