Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

AQA A2 Mathematics MPC4 Core 4 - 9th June 2015 [Discussion & unofficial markscheme] Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stepidermis)
    Does anyone have some sort of graph for past grade boundaries?
    Ah ive not seen a graph, but have you tried using AQA's useful UMS online converter?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have access to a topic by topic set of questions for this exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else noticed how ridiculously low the boundaries are for this exam? You need on average only 67 for 100 UMS, and on average 60 for an A*...

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else noticed how ridiculously low the boundaries are for this exam? You need on average only 67 for 100 UMS, and on average 60 for an A*...
    Yeah, you're right.. Need on average 60/75 to get an A*.. Does sort of suggest that students easily slip up on C4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lionelmessi19)
    Yeah, you're right.. Need on average 60/75 to get an A*.. Does sort of suggest that students easily slip up on C4
    Yeah, as lionelmessi19 implies, it does make me feel uneasy at how hard they're making the papers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    Yeah, as lionelmessi19 implies, it does make me feel uneasy at how hard they're making the papers!
    You can just see the level of difficulty increases as you work your way up towards the more recent papers.. My marks averaged 65ish in the older papers, and have now fallen to 55ish in the more recent ones.
    I think i'd prefer an easier paper and higher boundaries.. At least it would be a test that everyone can do. It would test you upon making the fewest silly mistakes in the allocated time

ReputationRep:
    You can just see the level of difficulty increases as you work your way up towards the more recent papers.. My marks averaged 65ish in the older papers, and have now fallen to 55ish in the more recent ones.
    I think i'd prefer an easier paper and higher boundaries.. At least it would be a test that everyone can do. It would test you upon making the fewest silly mistakes in the allocated time
    That's true. It's very difficult to see how this set of exams will go. If it's anything like last year it will be a very tough paper. 59 for an A*!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    That's true. It's very difficult to see how this set of exams will go. If it's anything like last year it will be a very tough paper. 59 for an A*!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, I know.. That's mad! I've got that June 14 C4 paper for my mock after easter :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I know.. That's mad! I've got that June 14 C4 paper for my mock after easter :eek:
    Oh me too! Mines on Wednesday 22nd :/ when's yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    Oh me too! Mines on Wednesday 22nd :/ when's yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Mines about that time.. Haven't been given a date yet
    Good luck with that though!
    Lets hope its not as bad as this..
    Spoiler:
    Show

Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Mines about that time.. Haven't been given a date yet
    Good luck with that though!
    Lets hope its not as bad as this..
    Spoiler:
    Show

If it was 59 for an A* it can't be far off! I'll look out for the Jack Sparrows in my class hahahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    If it was 59 for an A* it can't be far off! I'll look out for the Jack Sparrows in my class hahahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hahahaha

ReputationRep:
    Hahahaha
    Haha - joking aside which topics do you find hardest in C3 and C4?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    Haha - joking aside which topics do you find hardest in C3 and C4?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    C3: I hate transformations, and don't really like using the chain rule to differentiate and integrate. I don't like drawing graphs either.. Everything else is alright

C4: I don't like vectors and I hate differential equations

How about you?

ReputationRep:
    C3: I hate transformations, and don't really like using the chain rule to differentiate and integrate. I don't like drawing graphs either.. Everything else is alright

C4: I don't like vectors and I hate differential equations

How about you?
    Oh right!

For me,

C3: Proving trig identities and sketching transformed graphs

C4: Vectors

Knowing my luck there'll be tough questions on all those topics this year!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    Oh right!

For me,

C3: Proving trig identities and sketching transformed graphs

C4: Vectors

Knowing my luck there'll be tough questions on all those topics this year!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't mind proving trig identities,, but i'm with you on the others

ReputationRep:
    I don't mind proving trig identities,, but i'm with you on the others
    Ah sometimes trig is nice, but they can make it impossible on other occasions!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    Ah sometimes trig is nice, but they can make it impossible on other occasions!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah that's true!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that's true!
    Do you tend to use any resources on YouTube? Not sure if I should hunt for some. Videos do help me on most cases.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    Do you tend to use any resources on YouTube? Not sure if I should hunt for some. Videos do help me on most cases.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No I don't use videos for maths.. but videos help me too.
    For maths, I only do practise papers and any difficult questions that we are given in class..
    If I don't understand something, i'll look it up in my notes or revision guide

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.