Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

AQA A2 Mathematics MPC4 Core 4 - 9th June 2015 [Discussion & unofficial markscheme] Watch

ReputationRep:
    Either 6 or 7 marks I think. 7 sounds about right. I think you would only lose a couple marks.

(Original post by vicki36)
    Does anyone know how many marks question 8a was out of? I didn't realise you had to find the constant once you integrated so I just rearranged it to x=f(t) but left C in. How many marks do you reckon I'd lose if I did everything else correct? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurenn1995)
    on the trig question r(cosx-angle) did anyone get r=root29 and angle +1.19??? Anyone?? Think that's what I put... And then x at max value 5.09 or something?
    I got that☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Name:  IMG_0500.JPG
Views: 903
Size:  320.1 KBAll My answers, really not sure on the coordinates for E though.

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only one who put the x coordinate for Q in terms of cos? I got  cos(\frac{3}{2}) as my value of p was  \frac{3}{4}

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vicki36)
    Does anyone know how many marks question 8a was out of? I didn't realise you had to find the constant once you integrated so I just rearranged it to x=f(t) but left C in. How many marks do you reckon I'd lose if I did everything else correct? Thanks
    99.9% sure it was 7marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alicebrooke)
    I got that☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I got -1.19 ahhh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eliott2406)
    For the differential equation what values did you have to substitute for x and t?
    They worded it sneakily and said that "initially the pond is empty", or something to that effect. Therefore, the values you subbed in were t = 0, x = 0.

ReputationRep:
    Is there an unofficial mark scheme? That went so badly for me there's no point me making one.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How many marks do you think 90 ums will be?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i'm sure it was -1.19 because max value when cos(x+1.19)=1, this happens when cos(0) so x+1.19=0 so x=-1.19

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    Is there an unofficial mark scheme? That went so badly for me there's no point me making one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I put my answers up, Dif equation is wrong and not unsure on coordinates of e
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RastaMouse96)
    I got -1.19 ahhh
    Yes that's what x came to but they wanted the maximum value, and as you know there were two values in the range (1.19 and 2pi - 1.19) you got 5.09 .

ReputationRep:
    I got 5.11 for the max value

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eliott2406)
    For the differential equation what values did you have to substitute for x and t?
    I put in 0 for both

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RavinderKlair97)
    i'm sure it was -1.19 because max value when cos(x+1.19)=1, this happens when cos(0) so x+1.19=0 so x=-1.19
    yes or when it is 2pi.
    They specified x >0 and <2pi.
    therefor x max was 2pi-1.19 to 3.s.f :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh no !

ReputationRep:
    I'm gutted. A* gone.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I got E(23,4,0) and E(11,11,0)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by datpr0)
    They worded it sneakily and said that "initially the pond is empty", or something to that effect. Therefore, the values you subbed in were t = 0, x = 0.
    Fml i thought of putting these and I didn't... How many marks will I lose if I didn't find C?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know the actual question for 8a

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.