The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Mathematics MPC4 Core 4 - 9th June 2015 [Discussion & unofficial markscheme]

Scroll to see replies

Went pretty awful managed to mess up the last 2 parts of the vector question and basically all of the last question just hoping I'll get a C or something
please try and add answers as I found the paper really hard and probably got a lot wrong :frown:
1) A=3 B=-1
b) 8/3ln5
2)a r=root 29 alpha=1.19
b)max value root 29
c)x=5.09x=0.568 or 5..72
3) d=1
b) (2x+1)(2x-1)(2x-3)c) h(x)=(1=2x)^-1 differentiate shows its decreasing
4a) 1+x-2x^2
b) 1/4 -x/16+5x^2/256
c)0.2313
5a)gradient of normal -1/2
b) equation of normal y=2x-1/2
c) x cooridinate -1/8
6a) 60 degrees
B) (15,3,2)
C):frown: got wrong (11,0,0)
7a) 1/4-ln2
b)11/8
8a) x=9/20-1/2(t+1)-1/20(1+t)^2
b)dr/dt=k/pir^2
c) 3
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by HennersPD
I differentated it to 1/2*ln(2x-3) which gave it as increasing so i just subbed in 3 and 4 to h(x) and this showed it was decreasing

you got your differential wrong, because it was (2x-3)^-1 which goes to -2/(2x-3)^2
There was a mixed response from people in my year, some said it was terrible and some said it was easy, personally i found it a nice paper even though they did try to trick you with the inverse proportionality

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1544
Original post by jamal_m96
I couldn't do 9c the trig ratio didn't work. Did anyone get it?

There were only 8 questions
Yeah. That was ****.
Bye A in maths
Bye Manchester
Bye life.

When the government asks me why i'm sitting round on benefits refusing to get a job or do anything i'll show them this C4 paper and my f214 paper and scream "This is what you gave me last time i tried to better myself"
All i'm doing is trying to get somewhere in life and you routinely want to **** me over. Ok.

Rant over.

On a serious note, it wasn't awful it wasn't great though.
Original post by CD223
Put in so much effort all year and I feel like I've ruined it and let people down. I can't do the mark scheme as I got too many wrong :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

What did you trip up on?

Could have gone better for me too.
For the co-ordinates of E I got (11,0,0) and something with lots of /7s in it which I know was wrong and I forget how I even got that (I got some scary looking quadratic that gave the answers 2 and 30/7 and then substituted them into something else and one of the answers was (11,0,0)) - obviously my method was wrong but would I still get some marks for having one of the E coordinates right?

Also got something like x = 1/5(1-t) + 1/2(1-t)^2 + 9/20 for part a of the last one which doesn't look right at all argh. Did anyone get anything even similar to that? Lol.

(Also any predictions for the mark for 90 UMS? It was 59 last year I think, I'm sure it'll be higher this time but not too much higher pls)
Original post by laurenn1995
on the trig question r(cosx-angle) did anyone get r=root29 and angle +1.19??? Anyone?? Think that's what I put... And then x at max value 5.09 or something?

Think i got that :biggrin:
Original post by MoHoosen9167
4/4 I think.

I know I meant for proving it was a decreasing function
I just showed that the denominator is always bigger than the numerator for x>2 therefore the input will always be bigger than the output
It was an average C4 paper I just messed up :frown:
Original post by s-hardayjade
You're forgetting the people that don't come on thestudentroom who didn't find it so nice:P
I think they'll be a little higher, 58-60 for an A maybe

Twitter says it was dead easy
What?

the one where 2x-sin2x=|tanx| solve for x and 0<x>2pi
hurray!!!!! you suck. that paper was a piece of piss. You moron
I thought the questions were pretty easy this time around but just time consuming. I didn't have enough to finish the last two so that's 5 marks right there but otherwise pretty good paper especially compared to the nightmare of C3.

Anyone else have a problem with time? Probably just me as I was being VERY careful after making a lot of silly mistakes in C3
Reply 1556
Co-ordinates to 6b please for point C? I believe it was 15,3,2 or something like that
Original post by FS492
There were only 8 questions

There was one on the back too, i nearly missed it out!!!!!
That paper was so easy, I answered all questions without getting stuck and had 15 minutes to spare
For the h(x) one, I did: h(x) = 1/2x-3; h'(x)=-2/(2x-3)^2

Then some drivel about how x is negative, (2x-3)^2 is positive so -2/(2x-3)^2 is negative
and the same for positive
so therefore it's decreasing.

Exactly what I did :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending