The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Mathematics MPC4 Core 4 - 9th June 2015 [Discussion & unofficial markscheme]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by lionelmessi19
That's quite a challenge!! I don't do further maths, or else i'd be screwed! I'm pretty sure CD223 does

Its flattering that you have that impression, but alas, I do not haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
I don't do further maths actually haha. One of my biggest regrets. I do Maths, Physics, Computing and History. I may look into FP1 and D1/2 over the summer to get up to scratch before uni.

Providing I get 90 in C3 and C4, I can get 3 UMS on M2 to get an A* so I'm hoping for that!

Woah! Is your offer from Oxbridge I assume? For what course?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh right.. How does that work..
Getting 90 in C3 and C4 plus 3 UMS on M2? Didn't think it worked like that
Reply 162
Oh right.. How does that work..
Getting 90 in C3 and C4 plus 3 UMS on M2? Didn't think it worked like that

In order to get an A* in A level maths you need 480/600 UMS overall, with at least 180 from C3 and C4. (Meaning you average 90 UMS or above in each paper).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Its flattering that you have that impression, but alas, I do not haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm pretty certain I read somewhere in the thread that you do Further maths.. Clearly i'm not paying full attention!
Original post by CD223
In order to get an A* in A level maths you need 480/600 UMS overall, with at least 180 from C3 and C4. (Meaning you average 90 UMS or above in each paper).

Posted from TSR Mobile

So you got 3 off full marks last year right?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 165
I'm pretty certain I read somewhere in the thread that you do Further maths.. Clearly i'm not paying full attention!

I might have said I regret not doing it - I say that a lot because I do haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 166
So you got 3 off full marks last year right?

Yeah 297/300 :smile: not sure how after how hard that C2 paper was compared to previous years.

Hoping for 180 in C3 and C4 this year. M2 takes a back seat in terms of priorities haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Yeah 297/300 :smile: not sure how after how hard that C2 paper was compared to previous years.

Hoping for 180 in C3 and C4 this year. M2 takes a back seat in terms of priorities haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile

That is AMAZING! I can't believe it.. Well done mate!!
Clearly you should have taken further maths!
Yes, that C2 paper was sooo hard.. retaking that this year, hoping its a bit easier :smile:
So technically, you don't have to revise M2 this year.. you could purely focus on C3/C4?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by CD223
I don't do further maths actually haha. One of my biggest regrets. I do Maths, Physics, Computing and History. I may look into FP1 and D1/2 over the summer to get up to scratch before uni.

Providing I get 90 in C3 and C4, I can get 3 UMS on M2 to get an A* so I'm hoping for that!

Woah! Is your offer from Oxbridge I assume? For what course?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah you should've done it, it's very interesting, esp FP2. You probably need decision more though for CS.

Yeah same, if i get 90 on c3/4, I can get 0 in my other module haha

Nope, Imperial for Aeronautical engineering :smile:
Reply 169
That is AMAZING! I can't believe it.. Well done mate!!
Clearly you should have taken further maths!
Yes, that C2 paper was sooo hard.. retaking that this year, hoping its a bit easier :smile:

Ah thank you, I really appreciate it :smile:

I wish I did take it - not necessarily because I'd be good at it because I've heard it's a million times harder than normal maths, but purely based on interest!

You'll probably find it insultingly easy after A2 maths!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 170
Original post by ubisoft
Ah you should've done it, it's very interesting, esp FP2. You probably need decision more though for CS.

Yeah same, if i get 90 on c3/4, I can get 0 in my other module haha

Nope, Imperial for Aeronautical engineering :smile:

I wish I did! Do you recommend any resources for self teaching over summer?:smile:

Ah that's amazing well done! (Another reason I wish I did FM is because the best modules count, so you could get 0 in your other modules haha!)

Wow that's brilliant. Best of luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Ah thank you, I really appreciate it :smile:

I wish I did take it - not necessarily because I'd be good at it because I've heard it's a million times harder than normal maths, but purely based on interest!

You'll probably find it insultingly easy after A2 maths!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, C2 is easier than last year atm.. although I haven't got on to completing the more recent papers yet
Have you been scoring quite well in your past papers for C3/C4 then?
Reply 172
Yeah, C2 is easier than last year atm.. although I haven't got on to completing the more recent papers yet
Have you been scoring quite well in your past papers for C3/C4 then?

I'm sure you'll be okay!

Erm, been getting around 68 as an average on C3, and 65 on C4. Had good and bad papers in all honesty - one day I got 75, the next I got 62, it all depends, haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
I'm sure you'll be okay!

Erm, been getting around 68 as an average on C3, and 65 on C4. Had good and bad papers in all honesty - one day I got 75, the next I got 62, it all depends, haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks!
Ahaha.. that's still decent! You'll do amazing in the final exam,, just like you did for C2!
Reply 174
Thanks!
Ahaha.. that's still decent! You'll do amazing in the final exam,, just like you did for C2!

Thank you for your compliments, just gotta stay motivated for the next few months! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
I wish I did! Do you recommend any resources for self teaching over summer?:smile:

Ah that's amazing well done! (Another reason I wish I did FM is because the best modules count, so you could get 0 in your other modules haha!)

Wow that's brilliant. Best of luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile

For FP2, FP3, FP4, AQA have their own textbooks for free on their site. They don't have one for FP1, though. You can just go on their specification and google the individual topics and learn them. There are many, many excellent websites that come up just from searching topic names.

And thanks a lot, you too.
Reply 176
Original post by ubisoft
For FP2, FP3, FP4, AQA have their own textbooks for free on their site. They don't have one for FP1, though. You can just go on their specification and google the individual topics and learn them. There are many, many excellent websites that come up just from searching topic names.

And thanks a lot, you too.

Oh brilliant, I shall have a look :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 177
What would people say is the hardest paper they've come across for this unit?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
What would people say is the hardest paper they've come across for this unit?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd say January 2012.. That was ridiculously difficult :cry: :cry: :cry:
Reply 179
I'd say January 2012.. That was ridiculously difficult :cry: :cry: :cry:

Only on 2010 papers at the minute! Gonna try and get to 2012 over the next week or so - what was bad about it? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending