Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

AQA A2 Mathematics MPC4 Core 4 - 9th June 2015 [Discussion & unofficial markscheme] Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JRN-95)
    how because the equation is y^3 + 2e^(-3x)y + x = k so you'll end up with
    (1/2)^3+2e^-3ln(2) * 1/2 + ln2=k
    It was - x not + x.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jed-Singh)
    yeah fair comments, but there were some tricky questions and obviously vectors is a whole different matter. I don't think 65 will be an A* as like I said a 6 mark increase suggests the paper wasn't challenging to most people. whereas general consensus is the exam is tough but fair, so yeah maybe 61/62 A* highest
    for the x=-1/8 i solved it for X with quadratic values instead of sin/cos and got the right value so im thinking since i did it a different way would i lose all 5 marks? right now im thinking i got 60/75 ish but with that 65/75

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jed-Singh)
    CD223 mate, might be worth double checking vectors part incase im right, but tbh the way todays been I doubt it lol
    hi there, everyone is saying they got 4 for lambda (the vector question) but how?

I redid it like 5 times as got the same fraction

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking at minimum 65 and maximum 67 marks, I think (should have been an easy 70+ but did some really silly things that lost me 1/2 marks here and there).

D'you guys thing 65 will be enough for at least 88 ums or so, for an A* overall ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by datpr0)
    It was - x not + x.
    Ah okay it says +x on the unofficial mark scheme so i got a bit worried

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    Was C (15, 6, 2) or (15, 6, -2)?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yeah seem to remember one of the two

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chung224)
    for the x=-1/8 i solved it for X with quadratic values instead of sin/cos and got the right value so im thinking since i did it a different way would i lose all 5 marks? right now im thinking i got 60/75 ish but with that 65/75
    They stated that you needed to form a quadratic in sinq, but provided you said something along the lines of "let X = sinq" and you indeed came out with -1/8 as the final answer (-3/4 for the quadratic), I expect you'd get full credit.

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking at minimum 65 and maximum 67 marks, I think (should have been an easy 70+ but did some really silly things that lost me 1/2 marks here and there).

D'you guys thing 65 will be enough for at least 88 ums or so, for an A* overall ?
    65 will be an A* for sure imo. Thats an excellent mark.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kennethm)
    65 will be an A* for sure imo. Thats an excellent mark.
    What do you think the boundary will be? For 90? I struggled so I just wanna scrape it lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    They stated that you needed to form a quadratic in sinq, but provided you said something along the lines of "let X = sinq" and you indeed came out with -1/8 as the final answer (-3/4 for the quadratic), I expect you'd get full credit.
    damn i didn't say let X=sinq I'm just gonna be pesismistic so my exam results don't hit me as hard XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    Was C (15, 6, 2) or (15, 6, -2)?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think it was the -2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    What do you think the boundary will be? For 90? I struggled so I just wanna scrape it lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Honestly no idea bro we are on the same boat - pretty sure i got 62 because of the dumbest mistakes haha. what do you think you got?

ReputationRep:
    Oh no, for the differential question, I put the equation in terms x and not t! How many marks max do you think I could get??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kennethm)
    Honestly no idea bro we are on the same boat - pretty sure i got 62 because of the dumbest mistakes haha. what do you think you got?
    Like 62 if I'm lucky mate. That paper threw me. Totally different reaction compared to C3!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JellyCat99)
    Oh no, for the differential question, I put the equation in terms x and not t! How many marks max do you think I could get??

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wasn't it x in terms of t?

EDIT: sorry I misunderstood. Doing that far too much today! You should get the majority?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    yh i did something along the lines of equating the equation with x with the equatioin for x interms of t. and thane xchanging some other thing for x/t and i ended up with a fairly even number, which i think was -1/8 hopefully so i left it at that, had no clue how to approach it using quadratics.

i understood everything else apart from that. BUT, im jjust wondering did every find everyone find E by using D +/- AC?

ReputationRep:
    could anyone tell me how they got 11/8 for question 7bii ?? thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)

EDIT: sorry I misunderstood. Doing that far too much today! You should get the majority?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yes it was

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chung224)
    damn i didn't say let X=sinq I'm just gonna be pesismistic so my exam results don't hit me as hard XD
    Awh . Well hopefully you have a nice examiner or the mark scheme isn't too strict so they give you the marks by assumption, without you having explicitly stated X = sinq !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If you mean the radius question (8a) it was r and t, but the question earlier on was x and t

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.