Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

Name your best moments of 2014... Watch

ReputationRep:
    1. Graduating University

2. Seeing Linkin Park live

3. Seeing a Final Fantasy concert live and getting FFIX signed by Nobuo Uematsu

4. Seeing Lion King live

5. Getting a voluntary placement at Beanstalk

ReputationRep:
    Getting my own place and giving my parents the finger.

Passing 4th year of my medical degree.

Falling in love for the first time

(Original post by Vixen47)
    1. Leaving uni
    2. Taking care of my nephew ALL summer.
    3. Getting back into uni for a different course.
    4. A "friend" I had when I was in college came back and is now my boyfriend. In July 2013 I told him to get out of life and never come back. I was in a really bad place and I thought he'd make it worse. Now he's back, he's made my life better than I could have ever imagined, and I can't imagine what I'd do if he left again.
    5. Two days ago he said he wants me to have his kids. Yesterday he told me that he's fallen in love with me and wants to be married by this time next year.

If god exists it's like this year he's saying "sorry for 2013". 2013 was him saying "a big **** you to you, Vixen!" This year I finally got my chance to feel happy with life.

What's the hurry? I say give it at least two years from now to see if you two can make it work.

ReputationRep:
    1. this year has been very hard for me to say the least but as a result of this single event me and my family have become even closer and stronger :')
    2. learning more about my religion and understanding it more :')
    3. getting an offer for my dream uni course
    4. meeting some amazing people
    5. volunteering for the visually impaired- so inspirational!!
    6. and Joining TSR too . aha so many amazing and kind people on here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Wrong)
    What's the hurry? I say give it at least two years from now to see if you two can make it work.
    Long complicated story.

I've always wanted to marry early and he's ready to settle down. (He's a lot older than me.) He's never found anyone who fits his ideal (an unsually specific one at that!) like I do, so he's absolutely certain that he wants me. It's the same for me, but it's so much more important because he needs more from me than I need from him. We both come from an Asian/Muslim family and while he lives alone I live with my family so I have to hide this relationship from them so it's really difficult for me. We both know we're in this for the LONG term so we'd like to get there asap.

As for the 2 year mark, we already have that kind of relationship! We're completely honest with each other, we know the seemingly "worst"/most controversial things about each other. Instead of having fights over nothing we have disagreements and work together to deal with them and find a way to compromise. We know we only have each other to trust. We know we only have each other. That makes it easier to treat this relationship like it's one that will last "till death do us part" because that's how long we're in this for.

All in all, this isn't a typical relationship. Since the beginning I was having to make decisions about him like I'm already married to him. I don't worry about waiting the two years because we both already know the things that are the most difficult to accept about each other. (These aren't normal people things that are easy to get over.) Even after knowing those things we still see the best in each other so we know this is a relationship that can last.

ReputationRep:
    1) Finishing my damn A Levels!
    2) Starting university/meeting great friends there
    3) Babysitting my ex-neighbour's baby over the summer. We bonded really well to the extent where I see him as my baby brother. It's a shame they've moved now as I miss him so much But great memories nonetheless
    4) Slowly losing my shyness - I still have a way to go

ReputationRep:
    New Computer... blazing fast ( still XP .... :borat: )

Achieved Green Stardom ( a few days ago ) :yay:

Car passed MOT

Drinking under control

ReputationRep:
    1) Quit smoking
    2) Learn to drive
    3) Buy a car
    4) Get a promotion
    5) Get a girlfriend
    6) Overhaul PC gaming rig including new monitor and sound system ooooh yeah.

ReputationRep:
    1) not putting the 20lbs I lost last year back on
    2) getting the almost perfect part-time job
    3) moving to new flat
    4) getting first tattoos!
    5) trips to Leeds, Chester, Devon and Somerset

ReputationRep:
    I actually can't think of any....how sad is that lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2en1)
    I actually can't think of any....how sad is that lol

There must be something.

Tell me what have you done this year in general we can find at least three things that were your best moments, surely?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Joining a really good sixth form
    Getting my dog
    Seeing hard work pay off
    😄

ReputationRep:
    1. Getting an offer from my first choice of uni

2. Completing and passing a stormy Gold D of E expedition

3. Volunteering as a teacher for kids with autism

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Wrong)
    There must be something.

Tell me what have you done this year in general we can find at least three things that were your best moments, surely?
    Haha look at you being nice. I do have best moments but I'm just not into the whole 'listing best moments thing'. I just think the year's gone too fast! It was a good year though

ReputationRep:
    1) Getting the email telling me I was an education volunteer for the Aspinall Foundation, which I'd dreamed of working since I was about nine
    2) Seeing an African elephant eight hours after she was born while I was volunteering That'll stay with me until the day I die.
    3) Starting at uni and meeting some of the best friends I've ever made
    4) Going to the Hyde Park festival and seeing Paloma Faith, ELO and Billie Ocean live

ReputationRep:
    1) graduating uni
    2) finding a rewarding job where I make a difference
    3) discovering a career I'd love to get into and now beginning the process of applying for masters for said course
    4) camping trip with my closest and best friends. Sometimes it's just the little things.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    1. With my GCSEs, amongst getting a very good set, getting an A in English Language which was subject that I really struggled with.
    2. Traveling to Madagascar and Morocco.
    3. Getting full marks/ near to in GCSE controlled assessments.
    4. Awarded my school's foundation award which is given to those who achieved high GCSE results.
    5. Getting my first job.
    6. Impressing the admissions tutor at Leeds university for dentistry.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    1. Meeting some people who are now my best friends
    2. Passing that finish line at the Bournemouth Half Marathon in October (runners will know what this feels like!)

ReputationRep:
    Meeting some new people
    Talking to some new people
    Getting a job
    Watching the World Cup
    Not dying

If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.