Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

AS Maths students, what module/s are you doing for mocks? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elishx__h)
    Btw guys, how are you making notes for maths (if you are)? Do you think it's better to make notes, or to keep on doing questions throughout the year, and look at those examples during revision? Right now I have a cgp book, but I've written all over it with neat examples of questions and how to work them out, I also combined some extra notes I found in textbooks. I'm just so stuck on whether to continue doing that/making those notes (very time consuming) or just keep on practicing questions until the procedure stays in my head and look at my previous worked out questions for help. :confused:

Hopefully that all made sense aha. ^^^. So yeah, I was wondering what you guys are doing?
    No I never had notes?
    Maths is about practicing, just have a pen & paper and constantly do exam question
    It's not an essay based subject where you makes notes - it's more a application subject.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hi-zen-berg)
    I'm the same as you mate; for stats are you on aqa? If so, did you spend any time on mean/median from frequency table?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hello... Yes mate im doing AQA... Luckily enough for you im actually resitting. I wasnt in school for all that bit but it did appear in my exam last year.

Afterwards i realised I got it wrong lol. I suppose an E wasnt a great grade..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naxiv)
    No I never had notes?
    Maths is about practicing, just have a pen & paper and constantly do exam question
    It's not an essay based subject where you makes notes - it's more a application subject.
    Hmm yeah that's what I'm leaning to do now, can't waste so much time making notes anymore. I was mainly doing notes because I was thinking about what I'd do if I forgot how to work them out. But yeah, I think I'm gonna stop doing them now... thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hmm yeah that's what I'm leaning to do now, can't waste so much time making notes anymore. I was mainly doing notes because I was thinking about what I'd do if I forgot how to work them out. But yeah, I think I'm gonna stop doing them now... thanks
    Make rough working - it'll make you more mathematical

ReputationRep:
    All of C1, about about half of S1.
    S1 is not a problem, C1 is bad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vis break)
    All of C1, about about half of S1.
    S1 is not a problem, C1 is bad
    Why lol it's easy

ReputationRep:
    C1, c2, c3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FM2196)
    But I don't understand proof/language of maths.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I never did either tbh - depends on your exam board, but in OCR MEI the proof questions never took more than about 2/3 marks of the paper, so I elected to never bother learning it and take the marks hit.

You can practise questions though, if they're from exams you're generally able to piece together how to do it from the mark scheme. Hopefully that should get you in with a decent chance of at least attempting the question in the exam.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it looks like a big jump from C1. :ashamed2:
    I might start briefly learning some topics if I have enough time in these holidays tbh.
    How are you revising for C1?
    C2 is easier than C1. I got 77 UMS in C1 but 97 in C2 :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonwinner)
    Really? Wow. Well done for your C2! Somehow I have a feeling I'm probably gonna perform something like that too , and with C1 it's so easy to make so many silly mistakes.

ReputationRep:
    Really? Wow. Well done for your C2! Somehow I have a feeling I'm probably gonna perform something like that too , and with C1 it's so easy to make so many silly mistakes.

(Original post by anonwinner)
    Lol how can C2 be easier than C1?
    So you're saying proofing minimum and maximum is easier than basic dy/dx

ReputationRep:
    Completed C1, did the mock in November, got an A (98 UMS, one mark off 100 ).
    Recently started D1 and C2.

I'm doing Further Maths too, and did my S1 mock about 3 weeks ago I think, and (miraculously) got an A (90 UMS) in that too.
    About 2/3rds into FP1. Will start S2 after the holidays.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naxiv)
    Lol how can C2 be easier than C1?
    So you're saying proofing minimum and maximum is easier than basic dy/dx
    Basically C2 papers are just way more straightforward than C1 papers. They literally have the exact same questions every year, but C1 papers have slightly more variety so it's harder to prepare.

ReputationRep:
    C1 with a half hour c2 test added on since we've only done 2 topics

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.