Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Okay so I'm currently debating whether to learn to drive, but as I live and work in London I won't be getting a car due to the cost & lack of necessity.

Realistically, I wouldn't probably leave London for at least 5 years, so is there any point me learning to drive if I don't drive consistently for several more years?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by closeenemies)
    Okay so I'm currently debating whether to learn to drive, but as I live and work in London I won't be getting a car due to the cost & lack of necessity.

Realistically, I wouldn't probably leave London for at least 5 years, so is there any point me learning to drive if I don't drive consistently for several more years?
    It's good to know how to drive. But 5 years is a long time and you don't want to be forgetting important things. I would say about a year before you are about to leave learn to drive. That way you can give yourself plenty of time to learn and pass. Then you should have a little time left to save up for a car.

ReputationRep:
    Get the test done.
    It gets harder to learn new skills as you get older.

Besides, you can rent a car or a van if you ever need to at some point in the future.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't bother tbh, wait until you move out of London

ReputationRep:
    I've learnt now even though I won't be getting a car until after Uni, at the moment I have quite a lot of disposable income because I have a job without any bills, once you've got your licence you have it, that's it, there's nothing wrong with having a couple of refresher lessons just before getting your own car, but my logic was it saves having to do it under time and money pressures

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.