Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi all !

I'm currently living in Lille (France) but my dream is to study in Great Britain. So I've done plenty research about a lot of unis, and I'll probably apply to Glasgow Caledonian University and as course I'll chose the computing one, so if anyone have some advice, about this uni, or some good tips for another uni, with computer science's courses, feel free to share or inbox me !

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I would suggest looking at rankings like this and this (most prefer the first one from what I've seen) and then have a look at grade requirements for some of the unis to figure out where you should apply to. You should also think about what kind of uni you'll want to live in for the next 3 or 4 years, for example do you want to be in the middle of a big city, or maybe a smaller one, or maybe a more rural campus uni. (and going off on a tangent, if you want to work in mainland Europe then I'd advise just doing the 3 year Bachelors degree in the UK then going back to France for your Masters unless you can get onto a 2 year Euromaster program over here, as UK masters generally aren't as respected in the Mainland since they're only 1 year and contain less content)

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for your help !

I would like to live in a pretty big city, and it appears that Glasgow is the best city in my range of price, and the fees are also interesting for me, that's why I chose it. And the problem is that I'm not sure if I'm within the entry requirement for the Glasgow university, that's why I may apply there

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Léo)
    Thank you for your help !

I would like to live in a pretty big city, and it appears that Glasgow is the best city in my range of price, and the fees are also interesting for me, that's why I chose it. And the problem is that I'm not sure if I'm within the entry requirement for the Glasgow university, that's why I may apply there

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ok. Fees will be pretty much the same £9,000 per year wherever you go, excluding Scotland where they will be paid for since you are EU domiciled. Living costs I'd say are usually £6,500 per year unless you're living in London or particularly expensive accommodation, there'll also be travel costs to consider in which case getting to Glasgow may be quite expensive. You can also apply to 5 courses each application, usually an applicant would have 1 uni slightly above what they think they can achieve, 2 or 3 which are at their level, and 1 or 2 in case they don't do so well in their A level results. So alongside Glasgow Caledonian, you should think of four more universities within the UK.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.