Turn on thread page Beta

Should a teacher lie? watch

ReputationRep:
    If a teacher in Primary school is asked by a kid if Father Christmas is real should they lie?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LickingCarpet)
    If a teacher in Primary school is asked by a kid if Father Christmas is real should they lie?
    I think yes. There's little harm in it

ReputationRep:
    Before my boyfriend came back into my life my plan was to become an early years or primary teacher and I'd always contemplate things like this. I imagine if a kid asked me that question I'd have them decide what their own view is. It encourages them to be imaginative, creative, realistic, decisive, sure of themselves/their views, etc., etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vixen47)
    Before my boyfriend came back into my life my plan was to become an early years or primary teacher and I'd always contemplate things like this. I imagine if a kid asked me that question I'd have them decide what their own view is. It encourages them to be imaginative, creative, realistic, decisive, sure of themselves/their views, etc., etc.
    But what would you say if they outright asked you 'Miss does Father Christmas exist?'

ReputationRep:
    yes child santa is not real; nor is the easter bunny, nor is the monster under your bed, and if you family are religious; neither is God.

joking about the latter, i'd say 'Well I don't know if God does or does not exist so stfu'

then id rub David Hilberts bald head on the poster on the wall

ReputationRep:
    Well a vicar told a school full of children that father Christmas wasn't real. I say it's only fair we return the favour.

ReputationRep:
    But what would you say if they outright asked you 'Miss does Father Christmas exist?'
    "What do you think?"

ReputationRep:
    "What do you think?"
    just use rhetoric to avoid the question

works on adults as well, gosh people are so dumb, i mean in general, like the human mind is pretty damn dumb

ReputationRep:
    "What do you think?"
    Please never become a movie director

ReputationRep:
    Please never become a movie director
    shes helping me write the sequel to the Interview

ReputationRep:
    You'll find out on Christmas morning.

ReputationRep:
    they should tell the truth.... that Santa is Real

:merryxmas:

ReputationRep:
    Every time a child talks to me about santa I have to bite my tongue and just smile. And I feel so bad every time I do. One of these days I'm just going to snap and tell a bunch of kids the truth.

ReputationRep:
    Yes they should,it's innocent

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.