Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

Should a teacher lie? Watch

ReputationRep:
    If a teacher in Primary school is asked by a kid if Father Christmas is real should they lie?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LickingCarpet)
    If a teacher in Primary school is asked by a kid if Father Christmas is real should they lie?
    I think yes. There's little harm in it

ReputationRep:
    Before my boyfriend came back into my life my plan was to become an early years or primary teacher and I'd always contemplate things like this. I imagine if a kid asked me that question I'd have them decide what their own view is. It encourages them to be imaginative, creative, realistic, decisive, sure of themselves/their views, etc., etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vixen47)
    Before my boyfriend came back into my life my plan was to become an early years or primary teacher and I'd always contemplate things like this. I imagine if a kid asked me that question I'd have them decide what their own view is. It encourages them to be imaginative, creative, realistic, decisive, sure of themselves/their views, etc., etc.
    But what would you say if they outright asked you 'Miss does Father Christmas exist?'

ReputationRep:
    yes child santa is not real; nor is the easter bunny, nor is the monster under your bed, and if you family are religious; neither is God.

joking about the latter, i'd say 'Well I don't know if God does or does not exist so stfu'

then id rub David Hilberts bald head on the poster on the wall

ReputationRep:
    Well a vicar told a school full of children that father Christmas wasn't real. I say it's only fair we return the favour.

ReputationRep:
    But what would you say if they outright asked you 'Miss does Father Christmas exist?'
    "What do you think?"

ReputationRep:
    "What do you think?"
    just use rhetoric to avoid the question

works on adults as well, gosh people are so dumb, i mean in general, like the human mind is pretty damn dumb

ReputationRep:
    "What do you think?"
    Please never become a movie director

ReputationRep:
    Please never become a movie director
    shes helping me write the sequel to the Interview

ReputationRep:
    You'll find out on Christmas morning.

ReputationRep:
    they should tell the truth.... that Santa is Real

:merryxmas:

ReputationRep:
    Every time a child talks to me about santa I have to bite my tongue and just smile. And I feel so bad every time I do. One of these days I'm just going to snap and tell a bunch of kids the truth.

ReputationRep:
    Yes they should,it's innocent

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.