Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Jealous of married/engaged people Watch

(Original post by Veggiechic6)
    I know how you feel. I'm 27 and in the last few years, absolutely loads of people I knew from school have got married and/or had kids. It seems every time I scan my Facebook newsfeed, there are wedding pics or scan pics. I've been feeling pretty weird about it, I don't even have a boyfriend. I feel like I'm 'behind' in life. But then I try to remember that once you've settled down and got the mortgage and the kids, you've got it for life. That's a very long time. I've done loads of amazing travelling in the last few years and even lived abroad. I wouldn't have been able to do any of that if I had settled down. There's still loads of time and waiting for the right person will be worth it in the end. At 23, you are pretty young to be thinking about marriage. Your boyfriend might be feeling pressured and he probably isn't yet ready for conversations about the future. I think you need to be patient and see where things go for the next few years. If you're still together, broach the subject again and you might hear a different answer from him. However if he still seems very 'anti-marriage' you might have to consider ending it as you want different things in life and it's not compatible, unless you change your mind about it too.
    This sounds just like me, apart from I've not had the opportunity to travel due to finances & I have a mortgage. Sat here today on Christmas Day & my FB, Twitter and Instagram is just full of friends with new husbands or newly engaged couples, & I think "I really want that to be me". But with no bf (haven't had one since I was 18, now 28), can't really see it happening which sucks.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 26, 2014
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.