Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    On section B, /60, i only seem to be getting like 45~ marks. Find it hard to revise for stuff that can come up in section B I don't know why

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jshep000)
    This video sums it up pretty well https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ree4...DE9C8D&index=1
    Hai

Why is it sp2 hybridised?

On section B, /60, i only seem to be getting like 45~ marks. Find it hard to revise for stuff that can come up in section B I don't know why
    What you getting on section A, if you get 19-20/20 on section A that should 100% be an A, but an A is normally much lower than 65 anyway so you should be fine
    • TSR Support Team
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinaa)
    Hai

Good website for it:

http://www.mhhe.com/physsci/chemistr...2/ch2-3-2.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BBeyond)
    What you getting on section A, if you get 19-20/20 on section A that should 100% be an A, but an A is normally much lower than 65 anyway so you should be fine
    Like 15~ sometimes I make silly mistakes if there is calculation questions on the multiple choice. Then I could mess up a little bit on section B and not get an A for that paper.:eek: You just been doing past papers to revise for section B?

(Original post by Dinaa)
    Hai

hiiii Because the carbon had 3 attached groups I think, so it has 2 hydrogens and a carbon which makes it 3. So it is 360/3= 120 as the angle

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinaa)
    Hai

Omfg you're back?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wait do we need to know about this for edexcel? First I've ever heard of this.

Like 15~ sometimes I make silly mistakes if there is calculation questions on the multiple choice. Then I could mess up a little bit on section B and not get an A for that paper.:eek: You just been doing past papers to revise for section B?
    Oh just take your time 1hr30 is more than enough! Yeah pretty much, although apparently there was a fair amount I wasn't taught

ReputationRep:
    Oh just take your time 1hr30 is more than enough! Yeah pretty much, although apparently there was a fair amount I wasn't taught
    Ah sound, I'll just go through the past papers and do section B bits then What happened, what stuff did you not get taught?:eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinaa)
    Ow haha I love Free Radical Substitution!

I think of it as a married couples Cl2.

The break up and feel free and horny so they want to bang. But they're naughty and only go for taken men/women :perv:

So Cl. has an affair with CH4 :sad: and CH4 break up :sad:

So

Cl. + CH4 --> CH3. + HCl

So now Cl. has a bae, but CH3 is baeless and horny

So CH3. breaks up Cl2

CH3. + Cl2 --> CH3Cl + Cl.

So now CH3. has a bae, but Cl. is baeless and horny

BUT THEN :ahee:

All the singles bang :sexface:

and live happily ever after

this is great
    • TSR Support Team
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Wait do we need to know about this for edexcel? First I've ever heard of this.
    Well I don't know about the current Edexcel spec, I'm not sure if they changed it from when I last did it (2010-2012) but all the hybridisation stuff is stuff I covered in first year of uni and we didn't need to know it for A-level. I'm not sure why you guys would even need to be introduced to it at such an early stage

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C0balt)
    Omfg you're back?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    lmao yeah, miss me? :hugs:

(Original post by Rabadon)
    this is great
    ikr lmao :perv:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James A)
    Well I don't know about the current Edexcel spec, I'm not sure if they changed it from when I last did it (2010-2012) but all the hybridisation stuff is stuff I covered in first year of uni and we didn't need to know it for A-level. I'm not sure why you guys would even need to be introduced to it at such an early stage
    lol I was just curious :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinaa)
    I think it just says in the spec we need to know why the sigma and pi bonding occur, something like that

ReputationRep:
    So the temperature of the Haber process is 298K?

Why? Because of the standard states and conditions stuff needed for the steps to occur?

And what catalyst is used?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinaa)
    I love that curiosity :sexface: Also that little story you did for the radicals was awesome
    • TSR Support Team
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinaa)
    So the temperature of the Haber process is 298K?

Why? Because of the standard states and conditions stuff needed for the steps to occur?

And what catalyst is used?
    Pretty sure it's an Iron catalyst used, but I think the temperature might be alot higher!

298k is room temperature (25 degrees celcius) and when you think about it, the reaction will require heat energy to get things going

ReputationRep:
    I do AQA AS, EMPA in a few days :/ any tips on what to revise?

ReputationRep:
    I think it just says in the spec we need to know why the sigma and pi bonding occur, something like that
    Yeah lol but you'd just say its because of the orbitals overlapping?

(Original post by James A)
    I love that curiosity :sexface: Also that little story you did for the radicals was awesome

Haha thanks :angelblush:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinaa)
    Yeah lol but you'd just say its because of the orbitals overlapping?

Haha thanks :angelblush:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Your back! Ready to smash chemistry exam?

If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.