Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James A)
    Pretty sure it's an Iron catalyst used, but I think the temperature might be alot higher!

298k is room temperature (25 degrees celcius) and when you think about it, the reaction will require heat energy to get things going

O :erm:

So what temperature? And oh right so just to increase the rate of reaction?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kadak)
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Your back! Ready to smash chemistry exam?
    You're*

Haha yeeeeee, I got the highest mark for the Unit 2 paper in my whole year :cool:
    (It was the January 2015 international paper, so EXTRA gassed)

And I got the highest grade in the Unit 1 Jan2015 IAL paper, so EXTRAAAA gassed lel

but no I'm not ready.

• TSR Support Team
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinaa)
    O :erm:

So what temperature? And oh right so just to increase the rate of reaction?
    Exactly! You want to increase the rate of reaction. Between 400 - 450°C according to chemguide is what the haber process requires!

Another key point is that you need to include pressure as the haber process requires pressure also

This website covers alot of useful stuff but just make sure you know what stuff you should be learning for each topic, have a look through your syllabus

http://www.chemguide.co.uk/physical/...ria/haber.html

ReputationRep:
    Exactly! You want to increase the rate of reaction. Between 400 - 450°C according to chemguide is what the haber process requires!

Another key point is that you need to include pressure as the haber process requires pressure also

This website covers alot of useful stuff but just make sure you know what stuff you should be learning for each topic, have a look through your syllabus

I agree chemguide is great but does go above the a level spec at times so be careful.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinaa)
    You're*

Haha yeeeeee, I got the highest mark for the Unit 2 paper in my whole year :cool:
    (It was the January 2015 international paper, so EXTRA gassed)

And I got the highest grade in the Unit 1 Jan2015 IAL paper, so EXTRAAAA gassed lel

but no I'm not ready.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Out of interest,what grade did you get and what was your ums.We haven't done a mock yet in my school.
    You are still correcting me I see.Yeah I don't feel ready properly either,but I'm still hammering away at last papers.
    How are you coping in your other subjects?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinaa)
    lmao yeah, miss me? :hugs:

ikr lmao :perv:
    Where have you beeeen!!??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Thank you! And yeah Chemguide is great. Feel like it gives me what the exams wants lol

(Original post by Kadak)
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Out of interest,what grade did you get and what was your ums.We haven't done a mock yet in my school.
    You are still correcting me I see.Yeah I don't feel ready properly either,but I'm still hammering away at last papers.
    How are you coping in your other subjects?
    I got a B rofl for the Unit 2 paper, but idrc because it was super hard anyway. Andd Idk about UMS? Teacher just gave us the grade lol.

For the Unit 1 paper I got an A and raw marks: 68/70

Maths is good (still need to do trigonometric identities for C2 though! and I don't really look at S1 lol), Chemistry is good, Biology is boring but have notes and stuff, just need to practice. Psychology is gay but I've started revising for it

Wby?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C0balt)
    Where have you beeeen!!??

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Banned lol =)

HOW HAVE YOU BEEENN!!!!!? stranger :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinaa)
    Thank you! And yeah Chemguide is great. Feel like it gives me what the exams wants lol

I got a B rofl for the Unit 2 paper, but idrc because it was super hard anyway. Andd Idk about UMS? Teacher just gave us the grade lol.

Maths is good (still need to do trigonometric identities for C2 though! and I don't really look at S1 lol), Chemistry is good, Biology is boring but have notes and stuff, just need to practice. Psychology is gay but I've started revising for it

Wby?
    Are there even trig identities in c2?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samb1234)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes!!

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yep, probably the worst :sad:

I have a question again!

Na2O + H2O ---> ?

Na20 + HCl ----> ?

And If the light emitted from excited Caesium atoms is passed through a spectrometer, what would you expect to see?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinaa)
    Yep, probably the worst :sad:

I have a question again!

Na2O + H2O ---> ?

Na20 + HCl ----> ?

And If the light emitted from excited Caesium atoms is passed through a spectrometer, what would you expect to see?

Thanks
    Oh yeah I had forgotten there were some simple ones in c2 as I've mainly been doing c3 recently where there are a huge number of trig identities. In answer to your question you would see black lines on the spectrum. Do you do physics?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinaa)

Wby?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Biology,We did a mock,I'm waiting for the results.My revision for the exams is going well,I have all the content knowledge,just doing tonnes of questions now.

I did the empa,my fingers are crossed for an A.Im hoping for low grade boundaries.
    Chemistry-ISA worrying me.Resitting a few of them.Unit 1 is going fine.Unit 2 is my big worry.I'm revising loads for it.

Maths -C1, I'm doing well and Aiming for 100 percent.Trig and integrating under curves is my only worry for c2.S1 is a nightmare.Im only starting to revise seriously for it now.
    Physics-feel like I messed up my coursework.However,I am doing well the past papers.

http://gyazo.com/958dda1c67f454af75fb1cd94d855fe1

wtf is this?

ReputationRep:
    Was this in physics or chemistry? Btw the answer is an arrow from the bottom to the top

Posted from TSR Mobile

Was this in physics or chemistry? Btw the answer is an arrow from the bottom to the top

Posted from TSR Mobile
    chemistry, but why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BBeyond)
    chemistry, but why?
    That is quite sneaky as really this is a physics question. That diagram is called an electronic energy level diagram. Basically the way the diagram works is that at n=1 the attraction is the strongest and at n=infinity there is no attraction. Therefore if you want to move the electron from n =1 to n=infinity you have to provide it with that much energy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That is quite sneaky as really this is a physics question. That diagram is called an electronic energy level diagram. Basically the way the diagram works is that at n=1 the attraction is the strongest and at n=infinity there is no attraction. Therefore if you want to move the electron from n =1 to n=infinity you have to provide it with that much energy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    oh that makes sense cheers, so if it was electron affinity it would be from infinity to n=1?

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wow,cruel exam board.Energy levels is a physics concept,I think that's is what is called orbitals in chemistry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BBeyond)
    oh that makes sense cheers, so if it was electron affinity it would be from infinity to n=1?
    For hydrogen yes. As far as I'm aware you wouldn't need to know what it was for other elements as I don't think it would necessarily be from infinity to n=1

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.