Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinaa)

Nice emojis and Ye that makes sense, I would have probably just left it as 2OH- and Ca2+ but of course they attract :blushing:

Idk, I thought maybe group 1 elements react differently? I know how the group 2 elements react but thought that Group 1 elements wouldn't react similarly due to their charge of +1?

Ugh Idk, I don't like that question haha. Had to read it like 100 times to understand it
    I decided to copy everything on Word and then answer it

Nope, they pretty much react the same except Group 1 Carbonates (except Lithium) don't thermally decompse.

That definitely was a weird question, just asking, what paper did it come from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinaa)
    Hiya :hugs:
    Hello!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KeilahDeere)
    I hope so! Though does make me think how they could track them down via a tsr account. :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I actually don't even know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Feraligatr)
    I decided to copy everything on Word and then answer it

Nope, they pretty much react the same except Group 1 Carbonates (except Lithium) don't thermally decompse.

That definitely was a weird question, just asking, what paper did it come from?
    Ooh Okay, thanks for telling me haha

ALSO, I STARED AT THAT HALOGENS TABLE ON CHEMREVISE FOR AGES LAST NIGHT AND I FINALLY UNDERSTOOD IT!! MAKES SENSEEEE :awesome:

And I don't really know. I'm doing past paper questions by topic. Sorry haha

Hello!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Go study, you silly bum :ahee:

I'm about to go do some SQUATS :bigsmile:

ReputationRep:
    I actually don't even know
    On a different note... what exam board are you on? Sorry if it's already mentioned on the thread

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinaa)
    Ooh Okay, thanks for telling me haha

ALSO, I STARED AT THAT HALOGENS TABLE ON CHEMREVISE FOR AGES LAST NIGHT AND I FINALLY UNDERSTOOD IT!! MAKES SENSEEEE :awesome:

And I don't really know. I'm doing past paper questions by topic. Sorry haha
    You're welcome

:lol: I told you so

Oh I see, I've never come across a question like that and I've done quite a few past papers for Unit 2. I'm assuming its Section C right? (the extract and then loads of questions)
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    On a different note... what exam board are you on? Sorry if it's already mentioned on the thread

Posted from TSR Mobile

Edexcel How about you?

ReputationRep:
    Edexcel How about you?
    Ocr a. Was hoping you could be my study buddy :/ all the best for exams tho! D: what revision techniques have you been using so far?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Ocr a. Was hoping you could be my study buddy :/ all the best for exams tho! D: what revision techniques have you been using so far?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Good Luck with your exam too
    Tbh, I do loads of past papers and look for I go wrong and how to improve and stuff. Really helps doing that
    How about you?

ReputationRep:
    You're welcome

:lol: I told you so

Oh I see, I've never come across a question like that and I've done quite a few past papers for Unit 2. I'm assuming its Section C right? (the extract and then loads of questions)
    Nope, Section B. I thought section C is only in the IAL papers? I really need to start doing past papers :erm:
    Do you print them out? Or get given them? Or do you do it on paper and read from your laptop?

I have been using my ipad and paper to do past papers and it's just so.. ugh boring. I need to go print a load out, but my school printing budget is £0 :awesome:

So yeah, will just ask my teacher :blushing:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cherry82)
    Hey guys, is this a wise decision? At the moment because I have so much content left- I don't think it's best to do any past papers at the moment. If I am lucky, maybe I will try the 2014 paper but since I am basically trying to learn the whole of Chem and Physics- I am planning just to go over the book, the specification and it's questions without any past papers.
    There's no point doing past papers if you haven't covered enough content. Although I recommend doing all the questions after each topic that your chemistry textbook provides so you're sorting of doing exam questions but not the full thing just yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Good Luck with your exam too
    Tbh, I do loads of past papers and look for I go wrong and how to improve and stuff. Really helps doing that
    How about you?
    Thank you! Im okay with the unit 1 exam but so easy to make silly mistakes so should probably take my time rather than rush.

Did my first unit 2 paper and got 52/100 :'( (was a u) and was 75 for an a?! What a tight grade boundary!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    There's no point doing past papers if you haven't covered enough content. Although I recommend doing all the questions after each topic that your chemistry textbook provides so you're sorting of doing exam questions but not the full thing just yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yea, I just hope I can pass though. Everyone I know personally seem to be doing past papers- even those who are getting E grades like me who are not sure of the content.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinaa)
    Nope, Section B. I thought section C is only in the IAL papers? I really need to start doing past papers :erm:
    Do you print them out? Or get given them? Or do you do it on paper and read from your laptop?

I have been using my ipad and paper to do past papers and it's just so.. ugh boring. I need to go print a load out, but my school printing budget is £0 :awesome:

I see
    Yep, Section C is in Unit 2 GCE papers too

We were given loads of past papers for Chemistry but I haven't started using them since I want to use them for like actual exam practice under exam conditions
    I do print them out sometimes if I can otherwise I use the laptop and read off the past papers online.

Thank you! Im okay with the unit 1 exam but so easy to make silly mistakes so should probably take my time rather than rush.

Did my first unit 2 paper and got 52/100 :'( (was a u) and was 75 for an a?! What a tight grade boundary!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yep, exact same problem
    Its those silly mistakes which cost you

That's really really tight for grade boundaries. I think Edexcel aren't even that tight

ReputationRep:
    I see

We were given loads of past papers for Chemistry but I haven't started using them since I want to use them for like actual exam practice under exam conditions
    I do print them out sometimes if I can otherwise I use the laptop and read off the past papers online.

Yep, exact same problem

That's really really tight for grade boundaries. I think Edexcel aren't even that tight
    I know, suck so much and ooooh, I do wonder how different exam boards are to one another :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I see

Yep, exact same problem

dude Edexcel chem is a lot more challenging than ocr chem, no offence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinaa)

You should definitely print them. I print them and I find it better because I can highlight and annotate the questions and it also gives me a measure of how much to write.

Also helps with organisation because I'm not good at filing away loose sheets of paper

ReputationRep:
    Absolute believer in this. The amount of people pm'ing me for answers and wanting to 'trade' answers for other isa's like what is so difficult doing it fairly like the majority of us have to?!:facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I get asked for them too, and its like... even if I decided to break the rules and tell you, that would only bring the grade boundaries up. It is literally in your interest not to tell them the questions or answers as it makes it harder for you.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I know, suck so much and ooooh, I do wonder how different exam boards are to one another :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think exam boards differ quite a bit, like we learn about Born-Haber in AS, AQA touch that in A2 and OCR don't do Born-Haber at all I think.
    I think we learn most of the things in Unit 1 (like Hess's Law and Organic Chem) that AQA students learn in Unit 2 so to an extent, exam boards are different (kinda)

(Original post by frozo123)
    I'm well aware of that but Edexcel grade boundaries are a lot less tight than OCR.
    I'm a Edexcel student and I'm kinda aware that we learn things they don't learn in OCR or AQA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frozo123)
    Everything is relative..

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.