Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C0balt)
    Draw a Hess cycle

Hey I don't ever draw hess's cycles nor do I know how to.. I just know what to take from what for combustion/formation.. Is that a problem?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samwillettsxxx)
    Hey I don't ever draw hess's cycles nor do I know how to.. I just know what to take from what for combustion/formation.. Is that a problem?
    Potentially yes

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samb1234)
    Potentially yes

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Is there any chance anyone could explain.. I've tried to learn it from AQA book and I don't understand at all

ReputationRep:
    Draw a Hess cycle
    The elements at the bottom how do you count them up and how do you know what to write?

ReputationRep:
    The elements at the bottom how do you count them up and how do you know what to write?
    Just count how many atoms there are on either side of the equation given
    Know your definition. Enthalpy of formation is the enthalpy change when a mole of compound is formed from its elements in standard states under standard conditions.

ReputationRep:
    Just count how many atoms there are on either side of the equation given
    Know your definition. Enthalpy of formation is the enthalpy change when a mole of compound is formed from its elements in standard states under standard conditions.
    Yes I see that now thank you and what would it matter if I did it without the hess's cycle I still get the same answer!?

ReputationRep:
    Draw a Hess cycle
    Thank you, I'm terrible at hess cycles. I hope no difficult hess law questions come up on Friday. Good luck!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes I see that now thank you and what would it matter if I did it without the hess's cycle I still get the same answer!?
    You can do it that way, but visually Hess cycle helps and it is a more logical way

(Original post by TeaAndTextbooks)
    Thank you, I'm terrible at hess cycles. I hope no difficult hess law questions come up on Friday. Good luck!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks, you too
    It is unlikely to be asked a full diagram, but it wouldn't hurt if you looked into definitions and try to get your head around the diagram as much as possible

ReputationRep:
    You can do it that way, but visually Hess cycle helps and it is a more logical way

Thanks, you too
    It is unlikely to be asked a full diagram, but it wouldn't hurt if you looked into definitions and try to get your head around the diagram as much as possible
    That's reassuring, I understand the key points but I just need to revise the definitions

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rstlss)
    Not too good, I'd really like an A, but tbh I'd be lucky with a B
    Same here it is not going well i have 4 exams this week

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nishofficial)
    I do edexcel too homies. They're making the papers really hard now

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yeah they are we are gonna be given the bak up paper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeaAndTextbooks)
    That's reassuring, I understand the key points but I just need to revise the definitions

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well its better to understand it fully as much as possible obviously, you cannot play a game with exam boards

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Please explain the difference between percentage yield and atom economy.

ReputationRep:
    I know the course changes next year, are we still able to retake units? (edexcel)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lilieeeeeee)
    I know the course changes next year, are we still able to retake units? (edexcel)
    Yes there will be legacy papers

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My teacher said we weren't able to and we would have to resit the whole year again i hope thats not the case, I'm so unprepared for chemistry and I need at least a C!

ReputationRep:
    My teacher said we weren't able to and we would have to resit the whole year again i hope thats not the case, I'm so unprepared for chemistry and I need at least a C!
    My teacher said we can, although it was my physics teacher and we do AQA for physics

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shadowfire123)
    yeah they are we are gonna be given the bak up paper
    What's the back up paper?

Yea I'm pretty sure so

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What's a legacy paper???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rstlss)
    What's a legacy paper???
    They make papers of the old spec. ( ours) to let people retake

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.