Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shadowfire123)
    Every single edexcel paper have been leaked i believe
    I very much doubt it has. There was no evidence that the maths paper was actually leaked apart from people hearing it from someone else who heard it from someone else etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    its easy I did this question now its from jan IAL 2014 paper q 4 multiple choice look at the periodic table and you see nitrogen is in the 5th group meaning it needs 3 more elctron to make a full outer shell that why its asking
    Thanks, yeah Im going through that paper right now do you think it was an easy paper?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samb1234)
    I very much doubt it has. There was no evidence that the maths paper was actually leaked apart from people hearing it from someone else who heard it from someone else etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    its true both c1 and c2 were leaked

someone posted on twitter the paper as a picture having the paper obviously the cover but it was an hour before the exam so its too late to change the paper thn

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nishofficial)
    Thanks, yeah Im going through that paper right now do you think it was an easy paper?
    its challenging I would say but its better if you get these question right as the r paper has a mixture of these hard questions

ReputationRep:
    im stuck on question 3 on that paer can you explain the answer as well if you know please

ReputationRep:
    Could someone explanthe differentforces please in detail

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kitty201322)
    Could someone explanthe differentforces please in detail
    which forces
    van der waals
    hydrogen bonds
    and dipole dipole

ReputationRep:
    its challenging I would say but its better if you get these question right as the r paper has a mixture of these hard questions
    Are you even sure that school's get delivered R papers along side non-R papers? I thought schools only got delivered papers that their candidates sit (I.e. they get sent the papers that the candidates sign up for) to avoid leaks and possible cheating. It would be logistically impossible to send all the colleges R papers in time for tomorrow's exam.

ReputationRep:
    im stuck on question 3 on that paer can you explain the answer as well if you know please
    MCQ Q3? Its D because a magnetic field is what accelerates the positive ions. Electron gun ionises them

ReputationRep:
    its true both c1 and c2 were leaked

someone posted on twitter the paper as a picture having the paper obviously the cover but it was an hour before the exam so its too late to change the paper thn
    They investigated and there was no evidence that it was actually leaked. Stop worrying about whether the paper was leaked anyway it makes no difference to you what paper we sit.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    MCQ Q3? Its D because a magnetic field is what accelerates the positive ions. Electron gun ionises them
    the ms said it is c for jan 2014 IAL paper

ReputationRep:
    They investigated and there was no evidence that it was actually leaked. Stop worrying about whether the paper was leaked anyway it makes no difference to you what paper we sit.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    im not worried

just want to do well

ReputationRep:
    you said ammonia to nitrogen was 2 to 1 ratio so what i did was take 500 and divide it by 2 which gace me 250 and you said 50 nitrogen was produced
    It says 20% of ammonia is decomposed
    So 100cm3 decomposed

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    im not worried

just want to do well
    They get replaced with a paper of equal difficulty anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C0balt)
    It says 20% of ammonia is decomposed
    So 100cm3 decomposed

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I just figured that out but niw I am wondering where 400 came from

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by catherinemcc)
    Can anyone help me with this question:

Like ammonia, hydrazine is a base that reacts with water to form negative and positive ions. (we know hydrazine is H2N-NH2)
    i) Write the formula of the negative ion that is formed when hydrazine reacts with water
    ii) Suggest the formula of a positive ion which might form when hydrazine reacts with water

The answers are:-
    i) OH-
    ii) N2H5+ or N2H6+

Although I've got no idea how you would get these as your answers??
    For the second part, as the hydrazine acts as a base, this means it is a proton acceptor (definition), so the N2H4 accepts a H+ ion to form N2H5+.

Not sure how to explain the first part, but the other ion in water is OH-, so I suppose that is what is left when the N2H4 accepts the H+? (sorry for terrible explanation)

ReputationRep:
    They get replaced with a paper of equal difficulty anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile
    its more difficult

ReputationRep:
    its more difficult
    You have no way of knowing as you can't see any of the replacement papers

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    the ms said it is c for jan 2014 IAL paper
    Sorry, yes it is C. That question was very sneaky. I've learnt it as it being accelerated by an electric field. A magnetic field is used for deflection. Charged plates would act in the same way as an electric field

ReputationRep:
    You have no way of knowing as you can't see any of the replacement papers

Posted from TSR Mobile
    its always is when international question are put in it

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.