Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MikaHina)
    For the fellow edexcel chemistry troopers, what do we think is coming up to torture us with ? I'm absolutely petrified of the exam, considering I have been constantly failing this year -do we keep our heads high and hope the paper is doable? or shall I cry now and not in the exam (as I already did that in maths). The multiple choice is devils spawn and don't get me started on Hess's law, as that is clear nonsense in my brain that cannot fathom the arrows and products at all.

Oh well.

Good luck nonetheless !
    I'm petrified too! I have no clue what will come up but I hope its bonding and ionisation energies! they're all i seem to understand

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MikaHina)
    For the fellow edexcel chemistry troopers, what do we think is coming up to torture us with ? I'm absolutely petrified of the exam, considering I have been constantly failing this year -do we keep our heads high and hope the paper is doable? or shall I cry now and not in the exam (as I already did that in maths). The multiple choice is devils spawn and don't get me started on Hess's law, as that is clear nonsense in my brain that cannot fathom the arrows and products at all.

Oh well.

Good luck nonetheless !
    Do not worry, you should just be incredibly positive bc entering with a negative mindset of how possibly hard the paper could be isn't going to help you at all. You'll be okay- hopefully it won't be too hard and GOOD LUCK TO YOU TOO!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    how do you draw a functional group isomer of an ALKENE anyone
    i draw a cycloalkane for alkanes but idk how to do an alkene

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! Lol you're too good

ReputationRep:
    Draw the shape of the NH2– ion, including any lone pairs of electrons.Name the shape made by the three atoms in the NH2– ion.

Please could someone show me a diagram of how to draw the above and explanation for the name of the shape.

- Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Signorina)
    Thank you! Lol you're too good
    No problem

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tha Realest)
    Draw the shape of the NH2– ion, including any lone pairs of electrons.Name the shape made by the three atoms in the NH2– ion.

Please could someone show me a diagram of how to draw the above and explanation for the name of the shape.

- Thanks
    I dont know if its right but..

Linear-180? Colbalt should be able to clarify if I've got it wrong/not.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    another question
    proton-1.6725 x 10-24g
    neutrons-1.6748 x 10-24g
    electron-0.0009 x 10-24g
    calculate the mass of this hydrogen atom and can someone explain how they got to there answer....PLEASE

ReputationRep:
    Can someone tell me how to phrase the nuclear attraction mark when talking about IE energies of elements that will actually get the mark?

OCR Chemistry btw

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon_98)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Bent) shape showing 2 lone pairs + 2NH bond pairs; 1Bent / v shape/ triangular;

^ above is what mark scheme had

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tha Realest)
    (Bent) shape showing 2 lone pairs + 2NH bond pairs; 1Bent / v shape/ triangular;

^ above is what mark scheme had
    Oh gosh, of course. I'm such an idiot lol.

Thank you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone link the Official AS AQA Chem Unit 1 Thread for tomorrows exam?
    Cheers

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I was taking shower but yeah two lone pairs so similar to water

ReputationRep:
    someone help on (e)(iv) how do you work it out!!!!
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justfly)
    Sodium because alkali metals always have lowest first IE in their period because biggest radius in the period, smallest nuclear charge and shielding is the same across the period
    Of the same group as you go down the group first ie decreases because bigger radius and more shielding
    So yeah sodium

ReputationRep:
    Oh gosh, of course. I'm such an idiot lol.

Thank you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha no you're not an idiot.

Please could you draw it on paper + explain ms answer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justfly)
    It would be aluminium, because as you go across a period, the atomic radius decreases, so 1st IE is higher. This means that the group 1 elements always have the smallest IE in their respective periods, so therefore the lowest 3rd IE would be the latest element with 3 electrons in its outer shell, which is aluminium.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C0balt)
    Sodium because alkali metals always have lowest first IE in their period because biggest radius in the period, smallest nuclear charge and shielding is the same across the period
    Of the same group as you go down the group first ie decreases because bigger radius and more shielding
    So yeah sodium
    its Aluminium mate.

ReputationRep:
    If I am struggling to realise that an molecular shape has lone pairs.. If I draw a dot and cross diagram that could help me work out if there is some right?

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.