Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leeki)
    Guys! This is for edexcel unit 1 paper that was sat yesterday.... Urm there was a question where you had to work out the mass of something given that 250 Cm^3 of hcl? (I think) and the temp was 50 degree ?? Can't remmeber something like that and I got 14g isn't that too much??
    (Original post by JustAGuyy)
    Just out of interest,

For anyone who did the Edexcel AA chemistry paper on Friday, for the 'how much solid is needed to raise the temperature of 250 cm3 of water by 15? Degrees, did anyone get 11.4g or 11. Something?
    Looking in here, no one has!
    It was worth 3 marks so some of the explanations on here seem a bit straight forward for 3 marks!

Thanks!
    7.45g for sure

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Any peeps here doing ccea as section B on wednesday?
    Im struggling to write notes on the organic techniques as i dont know how much detail is required!

ReputationRep:
    For oxidation of alcohols, do you have to say both K2Cr2O7 AND H2SO4?

OCR A

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chuckster111)
    For oxidation of alcohols, do you have to say both K2Cr2O7 AND H2SO4?

OCR A

Thanks
    Yes

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pauux)
    Is there a thread for the OCR Chemistry F322 exam?? I can't find it
    Yep, just follow the link
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3351409

ReputationRep:
    Thankss

ReputationRep:
    Can someone explain why alkenes are more reactive than alkanes. Is it because of the pi bond. Can someone explain the pi bond bit to me. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Super199)
    Can someone explain why alkenes are more reactive than alkanes. Is it because of the pi bond. Can someone explain the pi bond bit to me. Thanks
    The double bond has a high electron density and is susceptible to electrophilic attack

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C0balt)
    The double bond has a high electron density and is susceptible to electrophilic attack

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Did you ever read the official edexcel reason why pi is weaker? Made me laugh lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samb1234)
    Did you ever read the official edexcel reason why pi is weaker? Made me laugh lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    In the book? I never open it lol It's collecting dust
    Well i saw mark scheme saying not much overlap which is..:dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ah thought so . What about the sigma bond - anything I have to know about that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kitty201322)
    I have nine days to revise unit two for bio and chem D: just great and hoefully it does push it up I hope grade boundaries are low x
    I have 9 days to revise unit 2 law chemistry and biology :'((( x

ReputationRep:
    In the book? I never open it lol It's collecting dust
    Well i saw mark scheme saying not much overlap which is..:dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah it was something like that. Best ms answer was when they felt the need to put 'allow the number 4 to be drawn either way' in the notes lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it was something like that. Best ms answer was when they felt the need to put 'allow the number 4 to be drawn either way' in the notes lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well this made me laugh

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Well this made me laugh

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hahahah fs

ReputationRep:
    Well this made me laugh

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha. Do they really feel the need to tell the marker to accept misspellings like surely that is obvious

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Haha. Do they really feel the need to tell the marker to accept misspellings like surely that is obvious

Posted from TSR Mobile
    And I wonder how common "sunshine yello percipitate" was to make it get onto the public mark scheme

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can someone explain to me what the difference is between positional and functional group isomers? I'm finding it hard to understand it properly from the book.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meloj)
    Can someone explain to me what the difference is between positional and functional group isomers? I'm finding it hard to understand it properly from the book.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Positional - one or more atoms are in a different place eg 2-bromoheptane and 4-bromoheptane the bromine is attached to a different carbon.

Functional group - same atoms but in different functional groups eg you might have propanal and propanone both of which have exactly the same atoms but different functional groups

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If you have CH2F2 and are asked to draw the partial charges, what do you do with the hydrogen atoms since they're less electronegative than carbon?

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.