Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilovereading)
    I doubt everyone did as horribly as me. I couldn't even do a BASIC hess's law question!
    I got As in my A2 mocks and I still can't get those right.

Energetics is not my strong suit either hahah. Plus, I hate Hess' cycles so that doesn't help.

Don't worry about it too much. If you have to end up retaking a module, it's not the end of the world. You'll have time during the hols to study for a few hours every week too, if you're that worried. Focus on your current and next exams.

Edit: Coming from someone who got an E in Chem 1 during their AS year because of slacking off and got an A by retaking it in Jan.

ReputationRep:
    I know, I'm sitting here doing a past paper getting a D HOURS before the exam. It sucks more seeing as I wanted to get an A AND I wanted to continue this onto A2. So I probably will have to resit AS and take A2 :sad:
    Ah, at this moment having D for me in this exam would have been a blessing lol
    I feel for those who need chemistry at A2 for their wanted careers, I wish had the answers so that I could give them especially to you. It sucks sometimes, 1hr 45 mins can determine and alter your future decisions with life which scares the crap out of me wand it's why I am beginning to hate exams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thymolphthalein)
    I got As in my A2 mocks and I still can't get those right.

Energetics is not my strong suit either hahah. Plus, I hate Hess' cycles so that doesn't help.

Don't worry about it too much. If you have to end up retaking a module, it's not the end of the world. You'll have time during the hols to study for a few hours every week too, if you're that worried. Focus on your current and next exams.

Edit: Coming from someone who got an E in Chem 1 during their AS year because of slacking off and got an A by retaking it in Jan.
    Yeah I think I've been slacking a lot and I'm probably gonna get an E or something overall for Chemistry I wish January exams/retakes still existed, it would make things way easier instead of everything in June :L

Thanks for the moral support

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I think I've been slacking a lot and I'm probably gonna get an E or something overall for Chemistry I wish January exams/retakes still existed, it would make things way easier instead of everything in June :L

Thanks for the moral support
    Eh, you'll be fine. I only retook that module with a mathematics module in Jan. I'm doing half the AS year with A2 RIGHT NOW.

It's not easy, but it'll be alright as long as you work hard this time.

Now focus on the current exam and try to do your best.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cherry82)
    Ah, at this moment having D for me in this exam would have been a blessing lol
    I feel for those who need chemistry at A2 for their wanted careers, I wish had the answers so that I could give them especially to you. It sucks sometimes, 1hr 45 mins can determine and alter your future decisions with life which scares the crap out of me wand it's why I am beginning to hate exams.
    Yeah I want to go into medicine which just makes everything 100 times harder. Majority of the "good" medical schools dont even take retake students (even just for modules) so I'm pretty much screwed :cry2:

1 hour and a half for me but yeah still sucks :sad: Worst thing is medicine is all about exams and I'll probably be doing exams all the way until I'm 30 xD its just the fact that I crammed for AS and I've slacked a lot but at least I've learnt from my mistakes :L

I just wanna go into drama or something and live my life in theatre without exams xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thymolphthalein)
    Eh, you'll be fine. I only retook that module with a mathematics module in Jan. I'm doing half the AS year with A2 RIGHT NOW.

It's not easy, but it'll be alright as long as you work hard this time.

Now focus on the current exam and try to do your best.
    Yes, definitely going start working way harder than I have done so far. Yes, why am I here when I have an exam in like 2 hours xD

Again thanks

ReputationRep:
    Is the catalyst for ethanol production with yeast zymase? What's the temperature for this reaction?

ReputationRep:
    Name:  Screen Shot 2015-06-02 at 09.23.36.png
Views: 44
Size:  57.6 KB

Is this question to do with the energy compensated having to be higher for something to be soluble?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samwillettsxxx)
    Is the catalyst for ethanol production with yeast zymase? What's the temperature for this reaction?
    Its yeast or zymase, anearobic conditions and 37 degrees

ReputationRep:
    Do we need to know how to draw enthalpy diagrams? the ones with the straight lines not the thermochemical cycles the other one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samwillettsxxx)
    37 degrees, but they usually allow anything between 25 and 37 degrees (OCR)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cuppycake3)
    Do we need to know how to draw enthalpy diagrams? the ones with the straight lines not the thermochemical cycles the other one
    Yes you do, you need to know how to label the activation energy,the reactants, the products and the enthalpy change

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cherry82)
    No worries, I wish you the best with today.
    I know I'm getting an U or an E if I'm lucky but I'm not going to give up. I wish I had worked harder throughout the year in terms of practice and organisation. But like I had said previously, if you have studied you'll be fine and I mean that. Anxiety can sometimes make us feel worse than the situation really is, I know because I deal with anixety all the time but after I realise it wasn't as bad.
    This is exactly why I am about to fail, I just didn't organise myself well at all this year. This is exactly me right now, I paid tons of attention in class, I did all my homework and I reviewed stuff but at one point in the year I just found my self catching up and then I ended up losing a lot of that practice because things were moving too fast and I couldn't keep up.I am not completely stupid, I know that but I sure do feel it at the moment. I am just planning on using my summer wisely and catching up and kick starting A2, I know I can do well I just don't have enough practise and chemistry is basically about practice, especially this exam!

ReputationRep:
    I doubt everyone did as horribly as me. I couldn't even do a BASIC hess's law question!
    To be fair that was an indirect enthalpy question, it was a stupid question, I devoted half my year learning hess law and I messed it up in the exam, I just hate life at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    :sad: And I cant even say that my unit 1 chemistry paper might compensate because I KNOW I failed that. Its the worst because it took me ages to convince my Chemistry teacher to predict me an A for this med course I was applying to (didnt get it anyway) and in the most recent mock I also got an A so getting a D/C will literally depress me so much especially the disappointment...
    I don't even know what to say but this -->

ReputationRep:
    Is it too late to quit life or...

ReputationRep:
    Do you guys think they might have taken it easy with the unit 2 paper given the unit 1 paper was what it was?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    To be fair that was an indirect enthalpy question, it was a stupid question, I devoted half my year learning hess law and I messed it up in the exam, I just hate life at the moment.
    I didnt actually answer/attempt the question so I wouldnt know :L I recall it only being like 3 marks though so I guess that's okay especially if you did attempt it. Don't worry about it too much :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    :sad: And I cant even say that my unit 1 chemistry paper might compensate because I KNOW I failed that. Its the worst because it took me ages to convince my Chemistry teacher to predict me an A for this med course I was applying to (didnt get it anyway) and in the most recent mock I also got an A so getting a D/C will literally depress me so much especially the disappointment...
    Lol I know how you feel. Chemistry was always my strongest subject. Was always revising for it and rejecting my other subjects. I was getting top A grades in my mocks then, but now.. No.

I had to focus on biology and maths. Completely forgotten everything ans I attempted some past papers last nkght and I felt so bad because they were probably the worse :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    This is exactly why I am about to fail, I just didn't organise myself well at all this year. This is exactly me right now, I paid tons of attention in class, I did all my homework and I reviewed stuff but at one point in the year I just found my self catching up and then I ended up losing a lot of that practice because things were moving too fast and I couldn't keep up.I am not completely stupid, I know that but I sure do feel it at the moment. I am just planning on using my summer wisely and catching up and kick starting A2, I know I can do well I just don't have enough practise and chemistry is basically about practice, especially this exam!
    Wow so why are you worried?
    Doing all of your homework and reviewing leaves you in a good position, I'm sure all you needed was just a reminder of topics. You'll be fine seriously, with me I worked hard in the beginning but got caught up in many...many things. My situation is entirely different tbh, also my teacher travelled and left us lol etc so I'm still trying to learn some things. An E is a pass so if you have an E overall in Chemistry even you can go onto A2, but it seems to depend. In college it's fine but sixth forms from what I am hearing, some want C/Ds.

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.