Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Can every question be a Hess Cycle? Pls

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    It really has, I have just been sitting here for the last half an hour wondering if I should call my future son aldehyde, it sounds rather exotic don't you think?
    lol haha, I like it.

ReputationRep:
    This is exactly why I am about to fail, I just didn't organise myself well at all this year. This is exactly me right now, I paid tons of attention in class, I did all my homework and I reviewed stuff but at one point in the year I just found my self catching up and then I ended up losing a lot of that practice because things were moving too fast and I couldn't keep up.I am not completely stupid, I know that but I sure do feel it at the moment. I am just planning on using my summer wisely and catching up and kick starting A2, I know I can do well I just don't have enough practise and chemistry is basically about practice, especially this exam!
    Don't worry. Seriously, I've so effed because I'm extremely ill rn and there's been some extenuating circumstances which means that even though I was predicted an A/B I'm going to an D/E, if you know what you did wrong and what you can do to rectify it then you'll be fine next year. Read through your revision guides over the summer, I don't mean extensively, I mean like half an hour every few days so AS is fresh in your mind and then work on them alongside your A2, you know the content so it's just exam practice. Everyone who does A2 chemistry finds AS piss because apparently you go over what you've learnt and build on it. Keep an optimistic attitude even if you're gonna fail, cause at least you won't feel terrible coming out of the exam. Honestly I know when I open my results I'm going to get presented with a D but I've accepted that and all you can do is try your best. :top:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Good luck everyone! We'll all be fine.. just got to SMASH it :hippie:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinaa)
    Attachment 415553

7 and 9 pls
    For number 7, its the mass/charge ratio. So the mass was 58 but it tells us that the charge is +2 so you have to do 58/2 which is 29.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilovereading)
    For number 7, its the mass/charge ratio. So the mass was 58 but it tells us that the charge is +2 so you have to do 58/2 which is 29.
    i though 2+ meant lost 2 :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinaa)
    i though 2+ meant lost 2 :/
    The question asks for the "peak" in the spectrum and to find it you have to use the formula mass/charge. If it was just asking for relative formula then you would just take away 2 from 58. So mass/charge = 58/2 = 29.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thymolphthalein)
    If everyone did horribly the grade boundaries will be lower.

Posted from TSR Mobile

For the sake of inflation, they not going to make it too low.

ReputationRep:
    Do we have to know shapes of molecules for unit 2 aqa?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cowie)
    Do we have to know shapes of molecules for unit 2 aqa?
    Yea, I'm literally trying to cram it right now. Sigh, only a few hours before I set to leave. Oh sorry, realised you're doing AQA, not sure.

ReputationRep:
    I feel like I may be the only person here looking forward to this exam (y) sorry guys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinaa)
    Lol guys i think my thread just turned into a "i give up" thread.

Pls help eaxhothee and then we xan cry about it 2night 2gether xoxxo
    I give up.

ReputationRep:
    hi im back on

how is everyone revision going

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shadowfire123)
    hi im back on

Posted from TSR Mobile

I give up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shadowfire123)
    hi im back on

We all give up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kadak)
    Posted from TSR Mobile

I give up.
    loool why
    what board bro

ReputationRep:
    We all give up!
    i am not trying to

ask me any question
    I hope I can help you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kadak)
    Posted from TSR Mobile

I give up.
    Same. Even though this small time is the only "revision" I've done in weeks. So screwed :L

I'm anticipating the after exam feeling though so I can say ONE MORE EXAM LEFT:dance:

ReputationRep:
    I dont know any of the organic mechanisms (how to draw them) urgh. Hopefully a 12 mark question wont come up on that :L

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilovereading)
    Same. Even though this small time is the only "revision" I've done in weeks. So screwed :L

I'm anticipating the after exam feeling though so I can say ONE MORE EXAM LEFT:dance:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lucky you,I still have to fail stats tommorrow.

Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.