Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karzen)
    Thanks! And do you happen to know anything about Edexcel? What about their marking schemes? I've heard they are very straight forward with their questions, which is definetely a huge pro!
    I do Edexcel. What I hear is that Edexcel has the most technical content. From my experience the content may be slightly harder than AQA or whatever, but the marking scheme is nothing tricky.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C0balt)
    I do Edexcel. What I hear is that Edexcel has the most technical content. From my experience the content may be slightly harder than AQA or whatever, but the marking scheme is nothing tricky.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks a lot guys!

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I am a mature student and I intend to apply for a course in A-level Chemistry. I have a question regarding the exam boards- which one is the easiest for Chemistry from AQA, Edexcel and OCR?
    OCR a is great, i found it really enjoyable and the exam have the best layout in my opinion

ReputationRep:
    As a student who has completed her Alevel Chemistry course this year i highly recommend you take AQA Chemistry
    i found there were many resources out there for this specification because there's YouTube videos (i recommend blue-coat chemistry and e rintoul cuz its ace). textbooks etc. the only thing with aqa are there mark-schemes are highly specific in what they expect of you. so for example is they said for instance state activation energy i must make sure i know the definitions as the mark scheme wants me to know because they are really specific in that. other than that Chemistry is an amazing subject and whatever exam board you choose you will still enjoy that subject. Anyway hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I am a mature student and I intend to apply for a course in A-level Chemistry. I have a question regarding the exam boards- which one is the easiest for Chemistry from AQA, Edexcel and OCR?
    I've completed the As part of OCR A this year and It was a lot of work but I managed to learn the course. I think the concepts in chemistry in general are often misunderstood and so people have given it a reputation as the hardest A level. It's only hard if you aren't 110% committed or you are a thick as a log.

It may just be me but I was personally revising around 2-3 hours a day from the very beginning of the course in order to get the material etched into my mind. Then all I had to do come study-leave was do every single past paper on the OCR website. OCR A is good in the sense that there are questions that tend to be repeated each year that you can recall but there are obviously also concepts you need to understand, questions can vary there.

I've never done AQA, apparently it's easier but I'd say the exam boards are all relatively similar. People's opinions are subjective but they each cover mostly the same stuff.

I personally found OCR A - As very enjoyable and mentally stimulating - plenty of calculations, problems and concepts along with some recalling of definitions thrown in.

Put the effort in and you should be fine. OCR have been known to be a bit sly with the exam questions but If you learn the concepts you should be able to apply your knowledge and work out the answers.

Take a look for yourself: F321, F322 are the 2 As exams and F323 is As coursework.

http://www.ocr.org.uk/qualifications...y-a-h034-h434/

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I know exams are over but wanted to ask in case someone knew. As we all had practicals and all will in A2, how exactly does it work in terms of assessments? Does our teachers choose which practicals a class would do because people from the same exam board seemed to have different practicals? Or do we all sit the same practicals exam set? Sorry my exam board is OCR but those from other exam boards, please feel free to answer this. I was debating over this for quite a bit with my class.

ReputationRep:
    I wanna join

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.