The Student Room Group

AS Chemistry- helping each other out!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by zhang-liao
Hess stuff = pure evil :fangs:
Unit 2 papers have 3 sections to it. :redface:

I personally find Hess' Law related questions God's gift once you understand the principles behind the two cycles.
Posted from TSR Mobile
Help!
Stuck on this question 😚😳.
Original post by S.Ahmad
I personally find Hess' Law related questions God's gift once you understand the principles behind the two cycles.

:redface: I find them horrible

Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

Please help!
Question: Suggest why oxygen radicals are really diradicals.

Okay, a typical free radical contains ONE unpaired electron. Diradicals woul probably be a species which contains two unpaired electrons. So yeah, you could argue that monoatomic oxygen contains two unpaired electrons :redface:
Well firstly work out how many chlorine radicals there are in 1g (using moles and Avogadro's constant). Then divide 150kg by this number to get the mass of ozone destroyed by one radical. Then you can work out how many moles of O3 this is and then multiply by Avogadro's constant.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hess stuff = pure evil :fangs:
Unit 2 papers have 3 sections to it. :redface:

I love physical chemistry :colondollar:
Oh damn, I was planning to do one unit 2 paper today, ended up not doing it lol
3 sections on organic chem? Nty :colonhash:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by C0balt
Posted from TSR Mobile

Unit 2 isn't just organic for edexcel

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by C0balt
Posted from TSR Mobile

Organic Chemistry is the best :colonhash:

Noooooo, 3 individual sections so you have Section A (MCQ), Section B (random questions), Section C (a question focussing on a case study or some information - typically Green Chemistry) :colondollar:
Original post by samb1234
Unit 2 isn't just organic for edexcel

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well I know, I thought I get three Qs on organic
I've done extracts of unit 2 paper for test and homework so yeah

Posted from TSR Mobile
Organic Chemistry is the best :colonhash:

Noooooo, 3 individual sections so you have Section A (MCQ), Section B (random questions), Section C (a question focussing on a case study or some information - typically Green Chemistry) :colondollar:

Oh ok
**** green chem...that is the only topic in AS chemistry that I hate with genuine passion

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by C0balt
Oh ok
**** green chem...that is the only topic in AS chemistry that I hate with genuine passion

Posted from TSR Mobile

Green Chemistry is so boring sometimes :redface:
Green Chemistry is so boring sometimes :redface:

I mean I get that it is a serious, real issue and we should have an understanding of it.
But I don't see why I have to be examined one that crap :fuhrer:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by samb1234
Well firstly work out how many chlorine radicals there are in 1g (using moles and Avogadro's constant). Then divide 150kg by this number to get the mass of ozone destroyed by one radical. Then you can work out how many moles of O3 this is and then multiply by Avogadro's constant.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you 😃 !
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

Please help!
Question: Suggest why oxygen radicals are really diradicals.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you 😃 !Also,am I the only one who thinks of Dirac when diradical is mentioned .
Original post by C0balt
I mean I get that it is a serious, real issue and we should have an understanding of it.
But I don't see why I have to be examined one that crap :fuhrer:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I get you by what you mean but I guess what's its part of the specification so we have to assessed on it :redface: Just like how we have to get assessed by stupid Hess' cycles which won't in any way or form be applicable in a normal person's life :redface:
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you !Also,am I the only one who thinks of Dirac when diradical is mentioned .

Just googled and you mean Paul Dirac?
No, not the slightest :redface:
Just googled and you mean Paul Dirac?
No, not the slightest :redface:

Yes,I mean Paul dirac.Oh, I'm abit disappointed you don't know who he is.He predicted the existence of antimatter 😃.
Original post by Kadak
Yes,I mean Paul dirac.Oh, I'm abit disappointed you don't know who he is.He predicted the existence of antimatter .

I don't do Physics :redface:
Someone sort me out, posted a question a page or two back about half equations. Cheers
I don't do Physics :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You should.It's pretty good.Did you know you can derive some of the equations for the gas laws with nothing more than Newton 's equations?
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

You should.It's pretty good.Did you know you can derive some of the equations for the gas laws with nothing more than Newton 's equations?

No :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest