The Student Room Group

AS Chemistry- helping each other out!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by zhang-liao
No :redface:

Maxwell and Boltzmann are physicistas.Their Maxwell Boltzmann distribution graph,entropy and enthalpy ate part of an area of physics called thermodynamics,which deals with energy.
You'll hopefully do more in A2 😃.
Original post by Kadak
Maxwell and Boltzmann are physicistas.Their Maxwell Boltzmann distribution graph,entropy and enthalpy ate part of an area of physics called thermodynamics,which deals with energy.
You'll hopefully do more in A2 .

:redface:
Original post by zhang-liao
:redface:

lmao it seems like you couldn't give a **** haha
Original post by Super199

I feel dumb now

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol, You should.Physics principles explains alot of the chem course.The electronic structure and the orbitals is based on the quantum mechanical version of the model, using Heisenberg principle and Broglie idea that electrons behave like waves.

The two electrons on a box is based on Wolfgang Pauli exclusion principle.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Not to mention it was Einstein who mathematically proved the existence of atoms with his paper on Brownian motion,which is probably the most cited paper ever.
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR MobileLol, You should.Physics principles explains alot of the chem course.The electronic structure and the orbitals is based on the quantum mechanical version of the model, using Heisenberg principle and Broglie idea that electrons behave like waves.The two electrons on a box is based on Wolfgang Pauli exclusion principle.

thinking of doing physics at uni then?

Nah

Medicine fam

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maybe,but I'm not sure what I'll do at uni.
Did I reply to you mate
You're getting brave for no reason, it's like you want your jaw to be rocked g
Original post by Kadak

Have you considered a hair and beauty course?
Have you considered a hair and beauty course?

There's not alot of maths,science or logic in hair and beauty,which puts me off it.
Also there girls there probably wouldnt be my type.
Original post by Kadak
There's not alot of maths,science or logic in hair and beauty,which puts me off it.Also there girls there probably wouldnt be my type.

Chem eng is the way forward mate.
Original post by Kadak

Haha I'm in a similar situation. Probably going to apply for nat sci at Cambridge and then either physics or physics and maths everywhere else. Only problem is how competitive nat sci places are.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by samb1234
Haha I'm in a similar situation. Probably going to apply for nat sci at Cambridge and then either physics or physics and maths everywhere else. Only problem is how competitive nat sci places are.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha me too.I'm thinking either natural sciences Cambridge or chemical engineering if I don't get into Cambridge.No point doing natural sciences at the other unis,Cambridge is the only place with a desirable Nat Sci course IMO.
Chem eng is the way forward mate.

If I Dont get into nat sci at Cambridge or I feel my grades aren't good enough,I'll go for chem engineering.
Original post by Kadak
Haha me too.I'm thinking either natural sciences Cambridge or chemical engineering if I don't get into Cambridge.No point doing natural sciences at the other unis,Cambridge is the only place with a desirable Nat Sci course IMO.

Just to warn you the ums requirements are brutal. Below 95% average you have a 21% chance of getting an offer (68% for above 95 average.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by samb1234
Just to warn you the ums requirements are brutal. Below 95% average you have a 21% chance of getting an offer (68% for above 95 average. Posted from TSR Mobile

Where did you get this info from?
Would anyone happen to have the unit 2 OCR 2014 june paper (F322)? All other exam boards have seemed to release their 2014 papers except OCR and my sixth form still haven't put it up on the system.

Thanks
Where did you get this info from?

Think it was from peterhouses admissions website

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest