Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kadak)
    There's not alot of maths,science or logic in hair and beauty,which puts me off it.Also there girls there probably wouldnt be my type.
    Chem eng is the way forward mate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kadak)
    Maybe,but I'm not sure what I'll do at uni.
    Haha I'm in a similar situation. Probably going to apply for nat sci at Cambridge and then either physics or physics and maths everywhere else. Only problem is how competitive nat sci places are.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samb1234)
    Haha I'm in a similar situation. Probably going to apply for nat sci at Cambridge and then either physics or physics and maths everywhere else. Only problem is how competitive nat sci places are.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha me too.I'm thinking either natural sciences Cambridge or chemical engineering if I don't get into Cambridge.No point doing natural sciences at the other unis,Cambridge is the only place with a desirable Nat Sci course IMO.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Super199)
    Chem eng is the way forward mate.
    If I Dont get into nat sci at Cambridge or I feel my grades aren't good enough,I'll go for chem engineering.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kadak)
    Haha me too.I'm thinking either natural sciences Cambridge or chemical engineering if I don't get into Cambridge.No point doing natural sciences at the other unis,Cambridge is the only place with a desirable Nat Sci course IMO.
    Just to warn you the ums requirements are brutal. Below 95% average you have a 21% chance of getting an offer (68% for above 95 average.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just to warn you the ums requirements are brutal. Below 95% average you have a 21% chance of getting an offer (68% for above 95 average. Posted from TSR Mobile
    Where did you get this info from?

ReputationRep:
    Would anyone happen to have the unit 2 OCR 2014 june paper (F322)? All other exam boards have seemed to release their 2014 papers except OCR and my sixth form still haven't put it up on the system.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Super199)
    Where did you get this info from?
    Think it was from peterhouses admissions website

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just to warn you the ums requirements are brutal. Below 95% average you have a 21% chance of getting an offer (68% for above 95 average.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Even if I don't get in,the fact I'm aiming so high should mean I should get high grades anyway,so it's not really a loss.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kadak)
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Even if I don't get in,the fact I'm aiming so high should mean I should get high grades anyway,so it's not really a loss.
    Yeah that was my philosophy as well. I'm probably most worried about chemistry and the A2 maths units I'm doing this year in terms of ums.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    those doing OCR B do you have a thread? (even if its just on f332)

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do you have a source?and do you mean most relevant 3 average or just chemistry? I'd be surprised if its that high though considering 93℅ is autopool+ the average offer holder has 95% but I think average applicant is like 90(I'm not sure with this).but then again it is a science... :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lyricalvibe)
    Do you have a source?and do you mean most relevant 3 average or just chemistry? I'd be surprised if its that high though considering 93℅ is autopool+ the average offer holder has 95% but I think average applicant is like 90(I'm not sure with this).but then again it is a science... :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Its the most relevant 3 and the stats are here http://www.pem.cam.ac.uk/prospective...raduates/faqs/ scroll down to the table which shows the number of applicants and also what % got offers either from Pembroke or after being pooled.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Its the most relevant 3 and the stats are here http://www.pem.cam.ac.uk/prospective...raduates/faqs/ scroll down to the table which shows the number of applicants and also what % got offers either from Pembroke or after being pooled.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Damn I don't think I'll apply if my ums is below 95, it confirmed the average applicant has90% though so that's reassuring
    Cheers I wouldn't mind the challenge of getting such high ums if it wasn't for Cambridge doing maths and further maths ums as 1 subject-_- you hoping to apply there?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lyricalvibe)
    Cheers I wouldn't mind the challenge of getting such high ums if it wasn't for Cambridge doing maths and further maths ums as 1 subject-_- you hoping to apply there?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yep but its slightly complicated for me as our school does FM modules in a weird order meaning I take some a2 modules (M2 S2 C3) which are very difficult to get high ums in (last year you needed 69/75 for 90% in m2 so I'm guessing 95 is at least 71/72).

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't like how they look at average and not individual unit, because D1...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C0balt)
    I don't like how they look at average and not individual unit, because D1...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Is D1 really that bad? I don't take it until next year but I can't imagine it being worse than m2 tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is D1 really that bad? I don't take it until next year but I can't imagine it being worse than m2 tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    M2 is at least maths and uses brain..
    D1 is computer work with high grade boundaries and no brain needed but one silly mistake in early stage of the question (we are human so it happens) can ruin the entire thing. And it is like the most pointless maths I have ever encountered (and I love maths, a lot)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C0balt)
    M2 is at least maths and uses brain..
    D1 is computer work with high grade boundaries and no brain needed but one silly mistake in early stage of the question (we are human so it happens) can ruin the entire thing. And it is like the most pointless maths I have ever encountered (and I love maths, a lot)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I know all too well the issues with stupid mistakes. I'm famous for my ability to do complicated maths that is all completely wrong because I didn't read the question or made a stupid mistake early on.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know why or when Dinaa (thread starter) got banned?

Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.