Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    The definition of enthalpy of reaction is the enthalpy change when equation quantities of reactants react. Therefore since in the equation there are 2 you must double it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,
    Was suggested here. I have so many questions to ask it's unbelievable. But first I wanted to know are there any chemical formulas or equations we need to learn or is it something we could work out using the periodic table? I know I shouldn't be asking these basic questions but I'm so basic right now it's sad. I'm looking through the textbook at the moment- on page one. OCR A.

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I have a dilemma, my CW is a middle C (28 or 29). How many marks would I need in F321 and F322 to get an A overall?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cherry82)
    Hi everyone,
    Was suggested here. I have so many questions to ask it's unbelievable. But first I wanted to know are there any chemical formulas or equations we need to learn or is it something we could work out using the periodic table? I know I shouldn't be asking these basic questions but I'm so basic right now it's sad. I'm looking through the textbook at the moment- on page one. OCR A.
    Well first calm down.

You have time, if you start now. You probably don't have much though, so start now!!!

I left it way to late last year and I got a D, my lowest grade in AS levels. I am retaking this year but I am making sure I actually go through it.

Don't make the same mistake as I did and do other work instead of the chemistry as you will just end up going to the exam without knowing anything at all.

There are LOTS of equations, so go ahead and learn them! I don't know if someone will really go through the effort to post them all.
    If you need help on more specific things, feel free to post them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheNoobishKnight)
    Well first calm down.

You have time, if you start now. You probably don't have much though, so start now!!!

I left it way to late last year and I got a D, my lowest grade in AS levels. I am retaking this year but I am making sure I actually go through it.

Don't make the same mistake as I did and do other work instead of the chemistry as you will just end up going to the exam without knowing anything at all.

There are LOTS of equations, so go ahead and learn them! I don't know if someone will really go through the effort to post them all.
    Lol, sorry. It's mainly because I know nothing for all my subjects and I have three. So bye bye uni for me I guess. When did you begin for chemistry?

ReputationRep:
    Well first calm down.

Wait re-taking? Why? If D was your lowest grade then why re-take the whole year again?

ReputationRep:
    Wait re-taking? Why? If D was your lowest grade then why re-take the whole year again?
    Trust me you got loads of days like 45 or something to revise for.it.

I am.just retaking the exams lol I'm gonna do my A2 too

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any ideas on how to prepare for isas, i have one next week for AQA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeckyWarkup)
    Does anyone have any ideas on how to prepare for isas, i have one next week for AQA
    Remember what you did for the experiment, try think of questions they could ask you. If you're an AS student, both ISA papers are simple papers with one or two tricky one markers but otherwise revise the relevant topics that you've been told, depends which ISA you're doing? AS or A2?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    as of 16/04/2015
    35 days until F321
    46 days until F322

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xetter)
    If this book is OCR B then yes! 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
    We need to know structural isomerism and stereoisomerism
    Which are respectively:
    molecules with the same molecular formula but different structural formula
    and
    molecules with same structual formula but different arrangements in space

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh lol, you can do that? I want to do that if I don't get As but how would universities see the grades before admissions?

ReputationRep:
    Oh lol, you can do that? I want to do that if I don't get As but how would universities see the grades before admissions?
    When you fill in your UCAS sheet, you put in the grade you got, then you put a new entry in, with the same code/title, but leave it blank, this shows that you are resitting the module. They base their decision on your AS grades, your A2 predicted grades and which modules you are resitting to boost your marks up.

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile

How is chem revision going?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kadak)
    Posted from TSR Mobile

How is chem revision going?
    Yeah good had a mock yesterday and found it really easy tbh. Some of the questions did seem familiar though so its possible I did that paper a while ago so that might have been why.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samb1234)
    Yeah good had a mock yesterday and found it really easy tbh. Some of the questions did seem familiar though so its possible I did that paper a while ago so that might have been why.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Which unit? I started doing doing unit 2 papers and I found it quote nasty.But to be fair,my class haven't finished the energy module.But I am practicing now and am doing better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kadak)
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Which unit? I started doing doing unit 2 papers and I found it quote nasty.But to be fair,my class haven't finished the energy module.But I am practicing now and am doing better.
    My mock was edexcel unit 1. I'm averaging around 92% raw in unit 1 past papers and a bit lower in unit 2.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My mock was edexcel unit 1. I'm averaging around 92% raw in unit 1 past papers and a bit lower in unit 2.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Unit 1 is OK for.me.,bit just 1 hour does can of brings the pressure.Makes it pretty much a smash and grab paper.
    My first attempt at a unit 2 paper got me a B,so I have a long way to go.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same here
    Unit 2 I haven't done much though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C0balt)
    Same here
    Unit 2 I haven't done much though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You should but we still have time before unit 2.

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.