Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now
    • Thread Starter

    I'm interested in studying a foundation degree in England the next year, but I'm a bit confused with the government's student loan:

    1. When would I have to apply? I haven't even send my applications through UCAS yet, and the universities are set to reply by May, I think. When would be the best time to ask the SLC for the standard EU Studen Loan?

    2. I'll be 17 at the time of beginning my course, and I don't know which are the consequences of this. Would I need to create a bank account? What would my parents need to do?
    • Official TSR Representative

    Hello Jordi,

    EU applications will be available early 2015 & you can apply straight away so that we can confirm your eligibility for funding. Should your first choice of course change at a later date then this can be updated on your application.

    As an EU student you will be entitled to a tuition fee loan only & this will be paid directly to your chosen university.

    Your parents will not have to do anything as your application is only for tuition fees.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team
Updated: December 28, 2014
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.