Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

ReputationRep:
    coming from a Muslim herself, I genuinely want to know what people believe when they hear this religion and if you agree with the media's portrayal of Islam. ( I won't get offended)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Itshafsaa)
    coming from a Muslim herself, I genuinely want to know what people believe when they hear this religion and if you agree with the media's portrayal of Islam. ( I won't get offended)
    my journey with islam has been up and down.
    i hated it
    then i became generally interested in it.
    almost thought about converting.

however the reason i didn't was for the following reasons.

culturally destructive. it replaces native culture with arab culture.

the quran is seen as the word of god and cannot be amended.

there's lots of stuff in there that caters to violence, rape and other nasty stuff.

I think really the prophet is not too different from european mythical heroes who went around raping, enslaving and murdering people.

now while i think killing can be unavoidable. certainly i do not believe in murdering innocent people, enslaving people or raping people.

the prophet repeatedly gave orders that caused innocent deaths, the rape of women and slave trading.

and as long as those stories are remembered. and as long as those verses in the quran are seen as from god himself, then islam will always provide for those who wish to do such things.

now you can get imams who teach other wise and have interesting ways of working around those imoral messages to void them. but at the end of the day they are there. and without the ear soothing of those imams or with the wrong imam teaching then yea stuff can get pretty bad.

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.