Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

Is Christmas mostly about eating with people? Is eating lots a mandatory part of it? Watch

ReputationRep:
    By which I mean, are you doing Christmas wrong if you're not basically stuffing yourself?

Historically at Christmas I would eat until I was horrendously ill until about 3 years ago. I do enjoy the festivities, but, I feel there is a lot of pressure on me in the family to be a bottomless pit. Since I stopped doing that I always feel awkward for not doing so does anyone else here feel the same?

*of course I mean, aside from the mandatory 'true meaning of Christmas v usurped holiday from pagans' religion debate, which I believe has already been done.

edit: I am not suggesting at all to not be relaxed around food at this the most indulgent time of year, but historically my appetite is shameful and TMI for the forum
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Not at all. I can't eat a lot. Not in one go, anyway. I'll have little bits of food throughout the day.

I definitely don't eat until I'm absolutely stuffed, and I don't feel pressured to do so. We all have different appetites. Just enjoy yourself and enjoy the day .

ReputationRep:
    Christmas is what you make of it. :moon: I just eat lots of chocolate, I don't like much else.

ReputationRep:
    Eating and drinking is the best part of Christmas as far as I'm concerned. Nothing like loads of food and some alcohol to wash it down followed by even more on Boxing Day when the football is on. I love the festive period.

• Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    No there is a lot more to Xmas than just good food. You get to be with friends, you get to enjoy the good moments & you look forward to what else new opportunities can excite you! Don't feel sorry over giving up the 'good food' practice - it'll come back to you when it's the right time! :top:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Spending time with family imo.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.