Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

AMA Depressed and alone on Christmas eve Watch

• Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guy Secretan)
    A lot of depressed people are just self pitying think about the person who has just been caught by ISIS or the families of the bin lorry crash victims this Christmas. Christmas should be about thinking about others not moaning about yourself.
    Wow. Please stop talking about a topic you clearly have no idea about.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vito97)
    here I aaaaaaaaaaaaam.... me too. alone on christmas eve.. feeling sad and rejected, but, that's ok. just trying not to cry as I always do when I remember that I'm always alone ^^''

why do you feel like that? are you at uni or already working?
    I'm sorry, if you feel to talk I'm here
    Well when everyone you know has a boy/girlfriend and a loving family to spend Christmas with whilst you're sitting on your laptop in bed eating leftover Dominos Pizza, it's hard not to feel completely worthless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Well when everyone you know has a boy/girlfriend and a loving family to spend Christmas with whilst you're sitting on your laptop in bed eating leftover Dominos Pizza, it's hard not to feel completely worthless.

omg, my portrait..

admitting to the people i know that i'm alone is actually embarassing, and because of my ego maybe i'm alone in front of my pc and listening to the michael buble's concert, which i actually hate but i have nothing better to do

yay, i know, very happy

but hey

i don't know you, but you're not worthless, i mean, you're not the only looser out there, there's also me, therefore you can laugh about this )))

and christmas is not that important.. well, now i do feel **** about being alone, but, there's also new year's eve!!))) and is you'll spend it alone, remember that there are other 364 days to be with someone you like

and hey, pizza is great tho ))

ReputationRep:
    I just wanted to say your not alone, I'm having an awful christmas/birthday too...

ReputationRep:
    Depression during the holidays is quite a common thing, particularly because of the perception that everyone is being happy, sociable and fulfilled. Obviously this isn't true, since I'm sure there are a lot of people who are unhappy at the moment and probably in a similar situation to yourself.

We compare our behind the scenes with other people highlight reel, which rings even more true when doing stuff such as browsing Facebook.

Sounds like the fact you are feeling lonely and disconnected from other people is main cause of this depression. It's important to appreciate the relationships you already have, while analysing some the issues you might have with other people as well as de-constructing the thoughts you're having.

There's a really good podcast called the Calm Living Blueprint, and it has an episode titled loneliness during the holidays and another one called Loneliness is a Choice. Definitely worth checking out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Just feeling depressed and sad ama
    Same here

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just feeling depressed and sad ama

pm me and you can have my number and we can text and stuff idk but like at least you feel like someone's there

(Original post by PhilosophicalHat)
    This might sound somewhat strange but have a fap. Seriously though, you know when I was hit by depression a while back, I serendipitously discovered that since fapping leaves you with a vacuous sensation (not happy nor sad just somewhere in the middle), this worked to relieve depression, of course the opposite applies also. Idk it worked for me.

omg strongly recommend against this srs it will take over your life all your nights consist of is procrastinating on the internet until you get hard again and then that's pretty much what you live for omg don't do this

ReputationRep:
    Sorry you feel like that. I'm not alone tonight because my family is here, but I can relate to pretty much everything you have written. If you feel like talking, I'm here

Posted from TSR Mobile

A problem shared is a problem halved.

I feel much better already.

I read a few articles about depression and watched a documentary and facebooked a few old friends, I also cut off all contact with the girl who I was lusting after.

Might still go the the GPs see how I feel in a few days.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    A problem shared is a problem halved.

I feel much better already.

I read a few articles about depression and watched a documentary and facebooked a few old friends, I also cut off all contact with the girl who I was lusting after.

Might still go the the GPs see how I feel in a few days.
    Merry Christmas! I hope everything works out for you

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

Any unhelpful posts will be removed, please keep it sensible and on topic, thanks

Everyone here is telling you to go and see a GP. But does this tackle the root of the problem. We must dig deeper. I won't "AMA," but I will try to help you.

In summer, I had a similar problem. I was sad because of the same reasons- but I decided enough was enough.

I decided that, from then on, I will do EVERYTHING I want with 100% confidence, and no fear. This changed my life. I started talking to RANDOM people on the street, occasionally arranging a meet up. I became pro active. Nothing matters. Take life into your own hands, don't let it come to you.In the sports clubs, BE PROACTIVE! Always expect a positive outcome.

And trust in god.

Best Regards

A GP won't help you make friends.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 25, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.