Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

I do not understand guys... Watch

So the first time I met this guy, he kept on coming up to me and making conversations. The next time I saw him, he seems to be really blunt to me and I haven't done anything to upset him. Does anyone else experience this or know why he might act like that? And shall I be friendly to him the next time I see him or leave him alone?

ReputationRep:
    As a guy I only do this when I'm not in a happy mood. That's the only excuse I can possibly think for this guy otherwise it is a bit odd.

Still be nice you may have caught him on a bad day/time

ReputationRep:
    guys are usually very easy to understand - sometimes not, but usually they're understandable with their intentions/actions. from my experience, girls sometimes interpret situations in ways no guy would *possibly* interpret it, and I'm not saying that in a good way. the things girls have explained to me have made me want to pull my hair out in frustration/confusion - e.g. a girl once pretended to have a crush on my friend as a way of apparently trying to communicate the fact that she actually liked me instead. yeah. what the ****ing ****

ReputationRep:
    To put it simply, you completely mis-interpreted him. This is a common mistake especially with every day couples as the woman mistakes a mans actions all the time

(Original post by bittr n swt)
    As a guy I only do this when I'm not in a happy mood. That's the only excuse I can possibly think for this guy otherwise it is a bit odd.

Still be nice you may have caught him on a bad day/time
    I suppose he was probably tired because he had long hours of work, but he was like this again today and the hours wasn't long. Is it worth coming up to him first next time or wait until he talks to me?

ReputationRep:
    I think guys r complicated, I'm not saying all just some

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So the first time I met this guy, he kept on coming up to me and making conversations. The next time I saw him, he seems to be really blunt to me and I haven't done anything to upset him. Does anyone else experience this or know why he might act like that? And shall I be friendly to him the next time I see him or leave him alone?
    What do you mean by blunt? I get blunt when I'm in a mood, ie got up on the wrong side of the bed, nothing personal. Why didn't you just ask him how he was?

ReputationRep:
    A girls dream, to be able to read a guys mind

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by azhar-1998)
    A girls dream, to be able to read a guys mind

Posted from TSR Mobile
    let me help you with that

http://c300221.r21.cf1.rackcdn.com/s...567268_org.jpg

edit: why cant i embed

(Original post by zippity.doodah)
    guys are usually very easy to understand - sometimes not, but usually they're understandable with their intentions/actions. from my experience, girls sometimes interpret situations in ways no guy would *possibly* interpret it, and I'm not saying that in a good way. the things girls have explained to me have made me want to pull my hair out in frustration/confusion - e.g. a girl once pretended to have a crush on my friend as a way of apparently trying to communicate the fact that she actually liked me instead. yeah. what the ****ing ****
    I usually find that guys are easy to understand, but not this one. He seems like the mysterious kind of guy who keeps things to himself. Although he would be friendly to me, but not to other girls.
    I'm a girl and it really annoys me when girls do what you said because it's not fair on your friend

(Original post by The Juan)
    To put it simply, you completely mis-interpreted him. This is a common mistake especially with every day couples as the woman mistakes a mans actions all the time
    How have I misintrepeted him? And that's a bit stereotypical isn't it? Us women don't do that 'all the time'

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yh and they don't understand how they're complicated

ReputationRep:
    Lool t that is so true

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Cremated_Spatula)
    What do you mean by blunt? I get blunt when I'm in a mood, ie got up on the wrong side of the bed, nothing personal. Why didn't you just ask him how he was?
    Short replies to when I ask him things and not seem bothered in the conversations. Before, he used to be really friendly. When I asked him he just shrugged his shoulders

ReputationRep:
    How have I misintrepeted him? And that's a bit stereotypical isn't it? Us women don't do that 'all the time'
    I work with people and almost every husband says so. Basically it's happy wife, happy life. No offence but I'm a guy, I drink with lads at the local, speak to loads and it's quite a common well known thing. We don't hate women we just say what they want to here and don't expect them to understand what we mean half the time.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Shockingly so are girls.

ReputationRep:
    I suppose he was probably tired because he had long hours of work, but he was like this again today and the hours wasn't long. Is it worth coming up to him first next time or wait until he talks to me?
    Approach him first then, be genuinely interested and friendly, if he doesn't want to chat, you'll soon get the message.

ReputationRep:
    Guys can be moody at times , trust me you don't wanna be near them

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by The Juan)
    I work with people and almost every husband says so. Basically it's happy wife, happy life. No offence but I'm a guy, I drink with lads at the local, speak to loads and it's quite a common well known thing. We don't hate women we just say what they want to here and don't expect them to understand what we mean half the time.
    Ok fair enough

ReputationRep:
    Short replies to when I ask him things and not seem bothered in the conversations. Before, he used to be really friendly. When I asked him he just shrugged his shoulders
    If he doesn't want to open up to you, there is not much you can do. Just don't take it personally unless your'e completely sure.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 25, 2014
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.