Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    In A2 AQA History aswell as an exam at the end of the year I also have to produce an essay as part of coursework. Mine is

'How important was the black power movement in improving the status of African-Americans between 1877 and 1992'

Does anybody know where I can find any example coursework essay for AQA A2 History to get an idea of how to write this?

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mustangmix)
    In A2 AQA History aswell as an exam at the end of the year I also have to produce an essay as part of coursework. Mine is

'How important was the black power movement in improving the status of African-Americans between 1877 and 1992'

Does anybody know where I can find any example coursework essay for AQA A2 History to get an idea of how to write this?
    There are some sample introductions and points here, although they're quite general: http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects...0-W-TRB-CG.PDF

I would basically state your argument early on, and then I would just do a standard one reason per paragraph.

Some things to watch out for:
    - the 100 year context- this catches quite a lot of people out- you need to make sure you're addressing the whole of it. You can focus on a section in your answer, but you need to refer to context somewhere and analyse it
    - Historiography- you need to include different historians' opinions; don't just quote them for the sake of it- analyse their views as well, and why your view is the correct one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smile:D)
    There are some sample introductions and points here, although they're quite general: http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects...0-W-TRB-CG.PDF

I would basically state your argument early on, and then I would just do a standard one reason per paragraph.

Some things to watch out for:
    - the 100 year context- this catches quite a lot of people out- you need to make sure you're addressing the whole of it. You can focus on a section in your answer, but you need to refer to context somewhere and analyse it
    - Historiography- you need to include different historians' opinions; don't just quote them for the sake of it- analyse their views as well, and why your view is the correct one

Thanks for this. The example introduction is helpful but the rest seems like a bullet point guide. Many people have done an essay like this do you know if any full essays with any title exist on the web in full?

ReputationRep:
    bump

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.