mustangmix
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
In A2 AQA History aswell as an exam at the end of the year I also have to produce an essay as part of coursework. Mine is

'How important was the black power movement in improving the status of African-Americans between 1877 and 1992'

Does anybody know where I can find any example coursework essay for AQA A2 History to get an idea of how to write this?
mustangmix
Rep:
?
bump
smile:D
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by mustangmix)
In A2 AQA History aswell as an exam at the end of the year I also have to produce an essay as part of coursework. Mine is

'How important was the black power movement in improving the status of African-Americans between 1877 and 1992'

Does anybody know where I can find any example coursework essay for AQA A2 History to get an idea of how to write this?
There are some sample introductions and points here, although they're quite general: http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects...0-W-TRB-CG.PDF

I would basically state your argument early on, and then I would just do a standard one reason per paragraph.

Some things to watch out for:
- the 100 year context- this catches quite a lot of people out- you need to make sure you're addressing the whole of it. You can focus on a section in your answer, but you need to refer to context somewhere and analyse it
- Historiography- you need to include different historians' opinions; don't just quote them for the sake of it- analyse their views as well, and why your view is the correct one
mustangmix
Rep:
?
(Original post by smile:D)
There are some sample introductions and points here, although they're quite general: http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects...0-W-TRB-CG.PDF

I would basically state your argument early on, and then I would just do a standard one reason per paragraph.

Some things to watch out for:
- the 100 year context- this catches quite a lot of people out- you need to make sure you're addressing the whole of it. You can focus on a section in your answer, but you need to refer to context somewhere and analyse it
- Historiography- you need to include different historians' opinions; don't just quote them for the sake of it- analyse their views as well, and why your view is the correct one

Thanks for this. The example introduction is helpful but the rest seems like a bullet point guide. Many people have done an essay like this do you know if any full essays with any title exist on the web in full?
mustangmix
Rep:
?
bump
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (55)
6.15%
Uncertainty around my education (101)
11.28%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (95)
10.61%
Lack of purpose or motivation (111)
12.4%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (44)
4.92%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (48)
5.36%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (99)
11.06%
Financial worries (61)
6.82%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (41)
4.58%
Exposure to negative news/social media (56)
6.26%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (26)
2.91%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (86)
9.61%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (72)
8.04%

Watched Threads