3 hour design paper (unit 6) edexcel

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
HEY PEOPLE ! lets get this thread up n runnin 2 help eachother find research for the exam on wednesday !

Well heres a link for a few power tools, clamps, and workbenches, has ne1 startd ne rough sketches ? if so , wot on ?

http://www.hand-tools-power-tools.com/

hope it helps people
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
thnx ! my teacher says we need to research things like nuts bolts n screws, n wel have to be really specific in the exam, dnt have a clue of wot to sketch, but heres a link 2 a site on tools, workbenches, clamps, nuts bolts etc, hope it helps...

http://www.diynet.com/DIY/0,1014,,FF.html

its quite useful, ps, we shud jus be able 2 take a internet connected laptop in the exam, wud b alot easier n cheaper then prinitn all this **** out ! hehehe
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
ive startd to do sketches on clamps 2 join a tool to a workbench and devices to tranfer motion of the tool, eg a device to make a drill (rotary motion) to a pillar drill (linear motion) im not lookin fwd 2 dis
dnt 4get ur pencil colours and water ! hehehe
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
im doin the graphics paper for the same board, except we dnt hvae 2 research sutin silly like powertools we get 2 research toiletrires, wer so lucky ! (ye rite)
this exams 2 demandin, wer basiclaly doin our design folder in the space of 3 hours, wen usualy it takes us a whole year, wot a joke !
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
im panickin so much bout dis exam, spesh c-in as i cnt draw
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
you need to take into consideration router benches, screws, bolts ect....anyone else got advice
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
pray dat dey ask sutin easy, das wot il b doin
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
my teacher told me its most likely to be a question about how to fix a power drill to a workbench. He's says its very likely that this will come up, so we need to look at dremel.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
im already for this exam.....bring it on...!!!!!!!
Lost Soul
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
Anybody doing the systems and controllectronics one on wednesday??? if you are then how is your research going?
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Another great site to evaluate some great design form is www.diy.com. Yes, It may be B&Q, but hey. Some great products

And don't stress out about the exam and your drawing techniques. It's not about how well you can draw, it's about how well you can communicate your ideas. If this means drawing little sketches with heavy annotation, then if that's gonna get ya the best marks, then so be it....?

Besides, by this time it's a little late to be worrying. If your calm and destressed when entering the exam, you'll do alot better that if you would have if you'd stressed all night long the night before. Trust me, I'm a doctor (yeah, right...)
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
its gotta be on power drills hasn't it? if not what else?
Ollie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
what does it mean investigate the ergononmics??

apparently we can take wat ever we like in-even text book?!?

I reckon its got to be some sort of stand to turn a drill into a pillar drill. Have a look at rswww.com. There are a few there/

What the hell is a router table and how can it be applied to this?

What are forms of horizontal movement?!?
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
horizonatla movements as in, rack and pinion, cams and followers,pulleys etc, the transform rotary to linear motion
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
how was exam>?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (345)
34.6%
No (652)
65.4%

Watched Threads