Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Employer has not paid me Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I handed my notice in at the beginning of November and I still worked the remaining month which I should get paid for. However, people who I worked with have said they have already been paid.. Well I haven't had a penny from them! We access our wage slip on their website but they have closed it down so I cannot get access to my wage slips. I have no idea what to do! I have put down hours and shifts in my diary but I cannot get anywhere without a wage slip. Will Citizens Advice help me in a case like like this? I really need this money for my rent and train for uni next month! Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Butterfly92xo)
    I handed my notice in at the beginning of November and I still worked the remaining month which I should get paid for. However, people who I worked with have said they have already been paid.. Well I haven't had a penny from them! We access our wage slip on their website but they have closed it down so I cannot get access to my wage slips. I have no idea what to do! I have put down hours and shifts in my diary but I cannot get anywhere without a wage slip. Will Citizens Advice help me in a case like like this? I really need this money for my rent and train for uni next month! Posted from TSR Mobile
    1) Contact your employer directly, try to solve it in a mature fashion.
    2) Contact citizen advice if 1 doesn't work.
    3) Contact a lawyer?

ReputationRep:
    Yea recommend you speak to the company and see what the situation is before jumping to conclusions and making rash decisions.

ReputationRep:
    Phone the company head office and if still no luck phone acas.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the responses so far. I know I am overreacting, I am just very worried as I have my rent due and without that money I am going to really struggle! Thank you. I will be sorting it out on Monday

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the responses so far. I know I am overreacting, I am just very worried as I have my rent due and without that money I am going to really struggle! Thank you. I will be sorting it out on Monday
    How did you get on with sorting it?
    And like the others dais really, try to sort it out with your employer first. And if they dont sort it, get in touch with the citizens advice bureau or acas who can help you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emma:-))
    How did you get on with sorting it?
    And like the others dais really, try to sort it out with your employer first. And if they dont sort it, get in touch with the citizens advice bureau or acas who can help you.
    Hi. It has been sorted. They have paid me and my last wages will be in January. Thank you for asking I am a happy bunny now haha.

ReputationRep:
    Hi. It has been sorted. They have paid me and my last wages will be in January. Thank you for asking I am a happy bunny now haha.
    Thats good then. At least its sorted now, and you dont have to chase them or take it any further or anything.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.