Best/Worst.. Watch

ConnorH
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Lofty, i've only just started my first year of college and ( this is good this, bet you hadn't thought of this) I don't want to go travelling around the country from uni to uni yet, which is why i posted on here to look for opinions and answers.

J'en ai marre and Creepy, thanks for the straight answers..

ice_cube, ye i know the questions are subjective, i just came on here looking for general opinions from people who have looked into the unis (as i havn't yet) and to find out the general reputation of places.. And this is part of my research, which i've only just started.

shredoholic_strat, k ill say it again for the "slower" members, I came for opinions, not for exact statistics, otherwhise i'd of asked for those. I didn't understand your second comment, sry.

And "these threads are so boring". I didn't make the ****ing thing to entertain a load of bored students, i came seeking information, which is what i asked for.

And its your own stupid falt for thinking a thread called "Best/worst" would be atall "entertaining"..

Finally, EPD, who said I was leaving? :eek:

Btw, theres no need on anyone else posting here, if a mod or w.e reads this, delete the thread please.
tomtheone
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Ok TheOne has comming down to make peace between you people.
1st of all stop insulting each other, the TSR is a place of peace and goodwill to all mankind (a bit like christmas)
2nd Instead of getting into an argument about just say what uni's you have attended and just say wether the points were good or bad.

I'll start, I'm in Lincoln, the quality of teaching is good but could be better. Where I am living is where the majority of the freshers live, there are some problems but I'm ok living here, and there are better accomodation for a higher cost. The nightlife is excellent, you can always find stuff to do. Things comming to mind in the last couple of weeks are foam parties, Ralph Little, school nights, Coyote Ugly (yes you heard me) and even Badger and Bodger last night. So Lincoln is a good place.

There, I've given you some help in your mission, also dont think about wolverhampton for accomodation
ConnorH
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
(Original post by tomtheone)
Ok TheOne has comming down to make peace between you people.
1st of all stop insulting each other, the TSR is a place of peace and goodwill to all mankind (a bit like christmas)
2nd Instead of getting into an argument about just say what uni's you have attended and just say wether the points were good or bad.

I'll start, I'm in Lincoln, the quality of teaching is good but could be better. Where I am living is where the majority of the freshers live, there are some problems but I'm ok living here, and there are better accomodation for a higher cost. The nightlife is excellent, you can always find stuff to do. Things comming to mind in the last couple of weeks are foam parties, Ralph Little, school nights, Coyote Ugly (yes you heard me) and even Badger and Bodger last night. So Lincoln is a good place.

There, I've given you some help in your mission, also dont think about wolverhampton for accomodation

The insults only began after I was asked "how the hell" somebody was supposed to be able to answer my questions as they were far too "subjective", but ye..

Cheers for the reply tho, it was 10x more helpful than 90% of the other posts on this thread..
Nice one.
Lofty
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by ConnorH)
The insults only began after I was asked "how the hell" somebody was supposed to be able to answer my questions as they were far too "subjective", but ye..

Cheers for the reply tho, it was 10x more helpful than 90% of the other posts on this thread..
Nice one.
And they had a point...

As i already said but you chose to ignore, everything positive on Bangor Uni

Now do yourself a favour, and as tomtheone says... stop insulting everyone and realise that everyone has made a valid point, and you weren't helping yourself If you don't go looking at Uni's though, you may as well just take a stab in the dark of any old place, just because someone else likes it doesn't mean you will...
tomtheone
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Lofty)
If you don't go looking at Uni's though, you may as well just take a stab in the dark of any old place, just because someone else likes it doesn't mean you will...
This is a good point to take, you can come on here and ask but you really need to look for yourself. I can tell you that "I" like a uni, but it doesn't mean someone else does. Just a little advice if you really wanna see what there like going to loads of open days, order prospectuses (completely free) from as many unis as possible and sure ask others as well.

See guys, a simple question does not need to turn into mud slinging
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1621)
79.15%
Leave (427)
20.85%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise