Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Help im 13 fat and overweight and hate my figure Watch

ReputationRep:
    hi im like a 13 year old female whos 5.6 and half ft tall and weigh 11st and a half (sorry im welsh/british so idk what pounds it is for American people sorry). Yeah I know im fat but I have like a more curvy figure cause I have broad shoulders and hips yet I have a smaller waist, but I just need advice to lose weight cause all my friends are like 9st and 8 and a half stone so I need to lose about 2 or 3 stone so I can look slimmer. Be grateful if some1 replies cheers. Btw you have to be 14 to go to the gym im not old enough so if I were to exercise it would be from workout videos, I heard of one which is ment to get good results called insanity but like I CANT do that its for people who are already fit and im far from that so be happy if some1 replies and tells me a good 1 okay bye and merry Christmas writing this on xmas eve! x

ReputationRep:
    any1?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lay<3)
    hi im like a 13 year old female whos 5.6 and half ft tall and weigh 11st and a half (sorry im welsh/british so idk what pounds it is for American people sorry). Yeah I know im fat but I have like a more curvy figure cause I have broad shoulders and hips yet I have a smaller waist, but I just need advice to lose weight cause all my friends are like 9st and 8 and a half stone so I need to lose about 2 or 3 stone so I can look slimmer. Be grateful if some1 replies cheers. Btw you have to be 14 to go to the gym im not old enough so if I were to exercise it would be from workout videos, I heard of one which is ment to get good results called insanity but like I CANT do that its for people who are already fit and im far from that so be happy if some1 replies and tells me a good 1 okay bye and merry Christmas writing this on xmas eve! x
    Honestly people who say go to the gym are usually not giving the best advice.

I'd say 90% of your weight loss counts on your diet.

If you have 3500 calories(measurement of energy in food(I think)), then going to the gym won't really help much as you will probably lose say around 1000 calories. So infact you will still gain weight, if you do eat that much, which I doubt.

So what you really want to do is calculate your current calories(it says on the food packets and stuff) and say remove 300-400 calories a day. Over time, say a year, you should lose a good amount of weight by doing this alone. IT won't come instantly, you have to be patient. Also eating smaller portions will help .
    Cutting out chocolates and stuff will really help!

It's great that you are trying to do something about your weight, good luck!
    Researching using google is really helpful about a good diet, and even on here we have some good threads.

ReputationRep:
    There are plenty of resources on the internet and magazines that will tell you how to eat a healthy diet that will make you lose weight. You don't need to excercise to loose weight, you just need to eat a diet that is lower in calories than you burn.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't worry too much about your weight. I know it's always hard especially when you're friends with people who are skinnier than you but if weight loss is something you're really looking at try sample things like going on a 5:2 diet where you eat regularly for 5 days and do like a fast for 2 days where you might just have something in the morning and evening I've also heard that tummy tucks help they strengthen the core muscles in your stomach. But weight shouldn't really be something you should be worried at in your age unless it's affecting your health. Hope I've been able to help .

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    Eat healthily with a balanced diet, and do other exercise such as cycling, jogging, skipping etc

Also ignore people who say your body is perfect the way it is, regardless of circumstance, or say only supermodels are beautiful. Both groups are equally ignorant and toxic.

ReputationRep:
    Your BMR is about 1500 at your height/weight. This means if you eat 1500 calories a day and do no exercise, you'll stay at the same weight. Aim to eat 1500 calories a day and add in some exercise to your routine (running, cycling, rowing etc) and you'll lose weight over time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomtjl)
    Your BMR is about 1500 at your height/weight. This means if you eat 1500 calories a day and do no exercise, you'll stay at the same weight. Aim to eat 1500 calories a day and add in some exercise to your routine (running, cycling, rowing etc) and you'll lose weight over time.
    Or why not eat 1k and lose 1lb/week safely

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheNoobishKnight)
    Honestly people who say go to the gym are usually not giving the best advice.

I'd say 90% of your weight loss counts on your diet.

If you have 3500 calories(measurement of energy in food(I think)), then going to the gym won't really help much as you will probably lose say around 1000 calories. So infact you will still gain weight, if you do eat that much, which I doubt.

So what you really want to do is calculate your current calories(it says on the food packets and stuff) and say remove 300-400 calories a day. Over time, say a year, you should lose a good amount of weight by doing this alone. IT won't come instantly, you have to be patient. Also eating smaller portions will help .
    Cutting out chocolates and stuff will really help!

It's great that you are trying to do something about your weight, good luck!
    Researching using google is really helpful about a good diet, and even on here we have some good threads.
    Hiya tbh when Im in school I sometimes skip meals and breakfast cause im not hungry and my mums like why didn't you eat im like well I wasn't hungry and idc tbh but I do try and eat healthly but its hard cause theres like chocolate tempting you in the cupboard but ill try your method thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shaffa)
    I wouldn't worry too much about your weight. I know it's always hard especially when you're friends with people who are skinnier than you but if weight loss is something you're really looking at try sample things like going on a 5:2 diet where you eat regularly for 5 days and do like a fast for 2 days where you might just have something in the morning and evening I've also heard that tummy tucks help they strengthen the core muscles in your stomach. But weight shouldn't really be something you should be worried at in your age unless it's affecting your health. Hope I've been able to help .

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hiya yeah I was thinking about a body wrap or something but idk :/ And at my age society is like you must be fit to fit in like which im far from but im alright tho xD x

ReputationRep:
    calculate your maintenance caloric intake

http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/

eat a 20% deficit and you will lose weight

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Lay

Yeah society can be an arse at the best of times but if you're losing weight then you should do it for yourself nobody else. When im wanting to lose weight i tend to also avoid snacks like crisps and sugary drinks because they're hidden calories. Try drinking water with meals and just have one sugary drink and choose which meal you want it with and try having healthy snacks and only having crisps every other day. It will be hard especially if you love your snacks and drinks like me but you should start seeing some difference. Good luck

[SIZE=1]Posted from TSR Mobile[/SIZE]

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Shaffa;52445659]
    (Original post by Lay

Yeah society can be an arse at the best of times but if you're losing weight then you should do it for yourself nobody else. When im wanting to lose weight i tend to also avoid snacks like crisps and sugary drinks because they're hidden calories. Try drinking water with meals and just have one sugary drink and choose which meal you want it with and try having healthy snacks and only having crisps every other day. It will be hard especially if you love your snacks and drinks like me but you should start seeing some difference. Good luck :)

[SIZE=1
    )

Posted from TSR Mobile[/SIZE]
    Its an arse all around but like you get use to it and cheers ill have a six pack by the end of next month xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naxiv)
    Or why not eat 1k and lose 1lb/week safely
    Because eating a normal amount and exercising is a much more well balanced method instead of starving yourself and not exercising.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomtjl)
    Because eating a normal amount and exercising is a much more well balanced method instead of starving yourself and not exercising.
    1k for a girl isn't bad
    I'm a male and I can eat comfortably on 1k5 and I've got muscle

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lay<3)
    some good youtube accounts to watch are Tiffany Rothe and FitnessBlender. They both do a range of workouts and have ones for beginners
    Try to stay away from chocolates/crisps etc but don't starve yourself!

ReputationRep:
    Glad your trying to do something - well done! But dont pay attention to what your friends weights are as they sound teeny tiny. And it is important that you focus on your body and you feel comfortable in your own body. The average weight of a women is 10st
    Good luck xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Limit high sugar food and crisps, eat more fruit and vegetables (incorporate them into your main meals) and drink plenty of water. Any exercise, even walking, will be beneficial to you and remeber that persistence is crucial if you want sustainable weight loss. Try searching more online for recipes/ healthy alternatives to junk food and you could join a sport club like dancing or swimming!

Good luck

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.