Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Just to clarify this is not a troll post nor am I implying that doctors should perve at their patients or act inappropriately. However, doctors do often see nude patients etc and I was wondering if deep down you ever get secretly turned on if they are hot and just keep it to yourself.

ReputationRep:
    Lmfaoooo can't wait for the replies below.

I would say if a hot chick came in my **** would take over. Yeah this is why I'm doing natural sciences....

ReputationRep:
    No. For several reasons:

1) That's really, really weird.

2) When with patients, I am generally on the verge of being grilled by the consultant/reg so my brain is in "professional/please don't screw up and make me look like a tit" mode.

3) Most of the patients are, erm, much older. On the rare occasion a young and attractive patient comes in (quite uncommon), my brain registers surprise more than anything. And then it's straight back to professional mode.

4) You see so many patients in varying states of dress and undress that very soon it doesn't even register.

5) It's still really, really weird - the doctor-patient relationship is meant to be completely professional and doctors are supposed to be protective of their patient's rights, including the right to dignity.

Merry Christmas you pervert

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Democracy)
    No. For several reasons:

1) That's really, really weird.

2) When with patients, I am generally on the verge of being grilled by the consultant/reg so my brain is in "professional/please don't screw up and make me look like a tit" mode.

3) Most of the patients are, erm, much older. On the rare occasion a young and attractive patient comes in (quite uncommon), my brain registers surprise more than anything. And then it's straight back to professional mode.

4) You see so many patients in varying states of dress and undress that very soon it doesn't even register.

5) It's still really, really weird - the doctor-patient relationship is meant to be completely professional and doctors are supposed to be protective of their patient's rights, including the right to dignity.

Merry Christmas you pervert
    Oh please I bet perverted GPs would ask an attractive lady to take her top off exposing her bra just to examine chest pain with a steth.

ReputationRep:
    That is so so so wrong. :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    Not in the slightest, for the reasons Democracy has already mentioned.

Anyone who did have such feelings should seriously question themselves. Even as a student, the entire thing is so medicalised that the process is nowhere near sexual. And when you've seen hundreds of people in various states of undress in a clinic room or on a ward, it doesn't even register.

(Original post by bittr n swt)
    Oh please I bet perverted GPs would ask an attractive lady to take her top off exposing her bra just to examine chest pain with a steth.
    You've clearly never done a resp/cardio exam properly. It's incredibly difficult to assess things like chest expansion or listen to the mitral valve in a dressed patient. Listening to breath sounds anywhere near a bra strap is pointless. The patient can cover themselves with a sheet as much as possible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bittr n swt)
    Adequately exposing a patient for auscultation is a normal part of clinical practice...but the patient should still be offered a drape/sheet for modesty, and any sensible (especially male) doctor would ask for a chaperone to be present.

I don't speak for anyone else, but when I'm doing physical examinations I am concentrating on performing the examination correctly and making sure I'm alert and not distracted so that I can pick up on any abnormal signs.

ReputationRep:
    A doctor in my town was arrested for having sex with clinically depressed patients in his office. His name got me though. Dr. Abusin

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sir Peter Rabbit)
    That is so so so wrong. :indiff:
    I agree with you Petey.

ReputationRep:
    I think every male student worries about this before gynaecology. Trust me, vaginas get very boring very quickly.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.