Seth green.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joyful_soul)
    Short meaning 5'3" and less.

Describe them as much as you can.
    Mahatma Gandhi
    Prince
    Sammy Davis Jr
    Tyrone Bogues (shortest NBA player to date)
    Mickey Rooney (Hollywood Actor)
    Paul Simon
    John Keats
    Warwick Davis
    Verne Troyer

Picked those as they are probably the most well known "successful" men below that height. The first three on those list are probably the most well known in popular culture/history.

Yaseer Arafat could be added to the list as former statesman and Nobel Laureate but I appreciate he is a very polarising figure and not sure if he would qualify as a "success".

I typed in men under 5'3 on google and it brought me to this page: http://www.shortsupport.org/cgi-bin/...n=&genderArg=m

ReputationRep:
    Kevin Hart is 5 ft 4, close enough!

ReputationRep:
    Warwick Davis

ReputationRep:
    Wee man.

ReputationRep:
    danny devito

ReputationRep:
    Warwick Davis, of course. Very successful, humble and real nice personality as well...he really does well to disprove the 'Napoleon complex'.

(Original post by Jazzy Foot)
    Mahatma Gandhi
    Prince
    Sammy Davis Jr
    Tyrone Bogues (shortest NBA player to date)
    Mickey Rooney (Hollywood Actor)
    Paul Simon
    John Keats
    Warwick Davis
    Verne Troyer

Picked those as they are probably the most well known "successful" men below that height. The first three on those list are probably the most well known in popular culture/history.

Yaseer Arafat could be added to the list as former statesman and Nobel Laureate but I appreciate he is a very polarising figure and not sure if he would qualify as a "success".

I typed in men under 5'3 on google and it brought me to this page: http://www.shortsupport.org/cgi-bin/...n=&genderArg=m
    Just looking at that page...there's an awful lot of political leaders. Kim Jong-Il, and Nikita Krushchev, Deng Xiaoping...Emporer Selaisse. (Although ones with a lot of negative connotations, mind you...) Stephen A. Douglas, as well, who was known for the series of debates with the future senator of Illinois, and future president, Abraham Lincoln.

Isambard Kingdom Brunel was an awesome engineer. In the world of showbiz, Angus and Malcom Young of AC/DC and Ronnie Corbett.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joyful_soul)
    Short meaning 5'3" and less.

Describe them as much as you can.
    Gimli

Name:  gimli.png
Views: 67
Size:  54.3 KB

ReputationRep:
    Lord sugar is pretty short.

ReputationRep:
    Surprised none of you seem to consider Gandhi or Prince as a prime example given the former's place in history and the latter being one of the biggest selling and most well known artists of all time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jammy4041)
    Warwick Davis, of course. Very successful, humble and real nice personality as well...he really does well to disprove the 'Napoleon complex'.

Just looking at that page...there's an awful lot of political leaders. Kim Jong-Il, and Nikita Krushchev, Deng Xiaoping...Emporer Selaisse. (Although ones with a lot of negative connotations, mind you...) Stephen A. Douglas, as well, who was known for the series of debates with the future senator of Illinois, and future president, Abraham Lincoln.

Isambard Kingdom Brunel was an awesome engineer. In the world of showbiz, Angus and Malcom Young of AC/DC and Ronnie Corbett.

In a British context then Brunel is rather significant. As with my comment about Yaseer Arafat, very difficult to judge what is considered a success with political leaders particularly when they are as polarising as Arafat or detested like Kim Jong-Il. Gandhi on the whole tends to be revered but there are many in India and of Indian diaspora who disagreed with a lot of his views (he was too much of a luddite in my opinion).

As a huge Prince fan of course imo he is THE best example of a successful short man, well under 5'3 as strictly speaking short could extend to anything below average height so in a UK/US context below 5'10 or 5'9 in which case you could include the likes of Tom Cruise, Pele, Maradona, Messi, a whole host of celebrities, sportsmen and women etc.

But Prince and Gandhi should be the examples we take away from this list and if the rest of the list isn't considered successful, you'd be hard pressed to argue those two aren't worthy of their 'high' status in the context of history and popular culture.

ReputationRep:
    Re: Warwick Davis. Yep very much so. He's been a part of two of the biggest film franchises in cinema history Star Wars and Harry Potter and set to return to the Star Wars franchise. And not forgetting the Narnia films (I think just Prince Caspian).

But clearly he's filled a specific role in each of those franchises and I suspect will continue to do so in other upcoming films.

ReputationRep:
    Lionel Messi? Only the worlds best footballer?

Inb4 CR7 iz da best, get a grip he's not.

Inb4 hu cares abowt futbal lol??? Take your edgey liberal rebelling-for-the-sake-of-it attitude and stick it on your Christmas tree.

Merry Christmas!

ReputationRep:
    Alan Sugar seems about 2ft.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jazzy Foot)
    Re: Warwick Davis. Yep very much so. He's been a part of two of the biggest film franchises in cinema history Star Wars and Harry Potter and set to return to the Star Wars franchise. And not forgetting the Narnia films (I think just Prince Caspian).

But clearly he's filled a specific role in each of those franchises and I suspect will continue to do so in other upcoming films.
    I've met Warwick Davis, in his home town, as he came to a youth center to help judge the group's films. He is very humble and it shows. If only there were more in showbiz like him...that would be wonderful.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.