Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

MUSLIM GIRLS: How would you want to be approached? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I guess with these dating methods you're resigned to being stuck with extreme betas only.

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by maddy1234)
    K then

Posted from TSR Mobile
    please dont take it the wrong way.. its not a personal attack on you, im just stating the rules of my religion.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    please dont take it the wrong way.. its not a personal attack on you, im just stating the rules of my religion.
    And this is why it's best to approach with the clear intention of marriage. My situation is a tough one because I'm still confused on what to do.

ReputationRep:
    It's okay, I'm muslim too just probably not so much Islamic,we love in a society and it depends where u r in the world.i live In Scotland so not talking to boys and stopping yourself from doing that is difficult.not in the wrong manner,friendly manner.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's alright btw and also you are more knowledgable,I respect your views.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey girl are you fasting?...
    because RamaDAMN!!

Nah, Im joking of course,
    Jus ask her for wali's
    number. If she's interested,
    she'll give it, if not, there's
    you're answer bro...

GOOD LUCK
    (Ps u best invite me to your
    wedding)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Submit To Jameel)
    Right listen yeah.
    I saw this buff Muslim girl at the Chemist bare smiling at me.:smug:

So I thought let me make my move innit fam.

So I slyly ask for her number.:yes:

And all she says is "Nah it's Haram innit gotta ask my parents and that".:eek:
    your flirting game mustve been proper weak fam naah

(Original post by Yummy Koochy)
    Hey girl are you fasting?...
    because RamaDAMN!!

Nah, Im joking of course,
    Jus ask her for wali's
    number. If she's interested,
    she'll give it, if not, there's
    you're answer bro...

GOOD LUCK
    (Ps u best invite me to your
    wedding)
    lol i dont even know u..

ReputationRep:
    basically just marry your cousin fam

(Original post by Uw0tm8_)
    not bout dat lyfe

ReputationRep:
    I'm a muslim girl and when I'll think about marriage, I'd like a "normal" approach, lol. I don't mean guys asking for my number in the streets or in a club ( I don't even go to clubs) because muslim or not, I think it's kind of trashy to do that, I'd rather know the guy from work/school/friends / common activity, and then become friends and more if we like each other. Actually it's kinda simple. Of course, presenting him to my mom, whole different story, I'd lie about the whole story and say we met either at school/work, and I'd say either we've known each other for a short period of time( even though it will be at the very least 1 year before I even think to introduce him to my mom) OR, I'll say we knew each other from school for a long time but we were friends and just recently realized we were made for each other. Lol I'm so pathetic but I assume many muslims girls already have their backup stories made years before they meet their actual fiancé haha. And what do you mean by liberal ? if I understand well, well I'm a muslim but I'm not conservative

ReputationRep:
    lol i dont even know u..
    lol jheez.

(Original post by Uw0tm8_)
    not bout dat lyfe

(Original post by skinnylove25)
    I'm a muslim girl and when I'll think about marriage, I'd like a "normal" approach, lol. I don't mean guys asking for my number in the streets or in a club ( I don't even go to clubs) because muslim or not, I think it's kind of trashy to do that, I'd rather know the guy from work/school/friends / common activity, and then become friends and more if we like each other. Actually it's kinda simple. Of course, presenting him to my mom, whole different story, I'd lie about the whole story and say we met either at school/work, and I'd say either we've known each other for a short period of time( even though it will be at the very least 1 year before I even think to introduce him to my mom) OR, I'll say we knew each other from school for a long time but we were friends and just recently realized we were made for each other. Lol I'm so pathetic but I assume many muslims girls already have their backup stories made years before they meet their actual fiancé haha. And what do you mean by liberal ? if I understand well, well I'm a muslim but I'm not conservative
    so you would be put off if someone that you know of came up to you and said they want to get to know you because they like you?

ReputationRep:
    not bout dat lyfe

so you would be put off if someone that you know of came up to you and said they want to get to know you because they like you?
    yeah if it's someone that I don't know, or just someone that I don't have any friends in common with, I'd found it weird and unnatural

ReputationRep:
    I agree lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi OP, hope this process gets easier for you

I’ll be honest, before I was all "speak to my Wali" but as I grow up, I understand it must be so difficult for guys. I have been approached (never directly, but I wouldn’t mind so, just a normal hello and how are you kind of thing). Previously, how they did it was they looked for a mutual friend/colleague/associate lol someone. And they asked the person to just ask me if I am looking to get to know someone for the purpose of marriage. And I said yes and I spoke to my brother about it, casually. It’s important that I keep my family in the loop in these situations because they are my backbone.

I do sympathise as marriage is a difficult process and imagine going through all that to find out the girl you’re interested in, isn’t interested in you. But it’s worth the hassle in my opinion, because this person you want to spend this life and the hereafter with. This person, you want them to be your world and you theirs. If you are written to have children, then she will be the future mother of your children. Yes, it’s a lot of pressure and hassle. But it will be worth it.

I don’t know about the whole dating for years and years and then marriage. It works for some, but I’m not sure if it’s for me. Of course, it’s important to meet and chat, not so formally and intensely as you need to be yourself too.
    Good luck and OP, feel free to ask away. Sometimes the anonymous tool of this forum has its benefits

bumppp

ReputationRep:
    I dislike the restrictions Islam impose with regards to marriage. It makes it so difficult for us guys.

Ask for wali's number lmao, am I some kind of sideman?

ReputationRep:
    smh some of these comments.
    just approach them like you would approach other girls.
    they are not aliens uno.

(Original post by Anonynous)
    I dislike the restrictions Islam impose with regards to marriage. It makes it so difficult for us guys.

Ask for wali's number lmao, am I some kind of sideman?
    lool nah the walis a sideman.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 27, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.