Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

What is the best English revision guide? Watch

ReputationRep:
    It needs to contain the whole syllabus. I'm aiming for A*.

ReputationRep:
    CGP but it depends on your exam board. Mine's AQA so I can only speak from this perspective.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnimeFreak101)
    CGP but it depends on your exam board. Mine's AQA so I can only speak from this perspective.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I am doing AQA as well! Can I ask what the book is called because I used to have a KS3 english book a while ago?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xGCSE_Studentx)
    I am doing AQA as well! Can I ask what the book is called because I used to have a KS3 english book a while ago?
    For English use Mr Bruff and do you mean for English language exam or course work? Or maybe Literature?? Well either way Mr Bruff's videos are free and they really help. I can't recommend a specific CGP book for you since I'm a bit confused as to what you're looking for, but if you search for 'GCSE AQA English CGP guides' or something you'll surely find what you want

ReputationRep:
    For English use Mr Bruff and do you mean for English language exam or course work? Or maybe Literature?? Well either way Mr Bruff's videos are free and they really help. I can't recommend a specific CGP book for you since I'm a bit confused as to what you're looking for, but if you search for 'GCSE AQA English CGP guides' or something you'll surely find what you want
    Mr Bruff is invariably generalised - I wouldn't encourage using his videos: his analysis is too vague and formulaic.

(Original post by xGCSE_Studentx)
    Use curvelearn.com, which is a site where the author, Melanie Kendry, is absolutely fabulous at what she does and is an Oxford graduate.

In terms of revision guides, the AQA English Language Paper revision guide is quite good (the best I have seen that tackles exam technique and strategy) - it's the one with a shark in front of it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingaaran)
    Mr Bruff is invariably generalised - I wouldn't encourage using his videos: his analysis is too vague and formulaic.

Use curvelearn.com, which is a site where the author, Melanie Kendry, is absolutely fabulous at what she does and is an Oxford graduate.

In terms of revision guides, the AQA English Language Paper revision guide is quite good (the best I have seen that tackles exam technique and strategy) - it's the one with a shark in front of it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    AQA English Language Paper revision guide? Is that a CGP book? If not can u please send a link?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    AQA English Language Paper revision guide? Is that a CGP book? If not can u please send a link?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not a CGP book. It's one written by the principal examiner (the one who sets the papers, mark schemes and tells the examiners how to mark and what to look for!) and is fantastic.

Here's the link:

https://www.google.co.uk/shopping/pr...d=0COwCEKYrMA0

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingaaran)
    Not a CGP book. It's one written by the principal examiner (the one who sets the papers, mark schemes and tells the examiners how to mark and what to look for!) and is fantastic.

Here's the link:

https://www.google.co.uk/shopping/pr...d=0COwCEKYrMA0

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I went on Amazon to look inside and I call already tell that, the book is good. I really suck at the language paper even though, I'm predicted A* for it. I'm sure this could really help

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.