Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I have my kcl mmi soon. If someone can give me an idea of what to expect, that would be appreciated. Had anyone had theirs yet?

ReputationRep:
    I also am awaiting my interview at KCL just generally looking at examples online has helped and you can kind of anticipate the kind of questions they will ask you. The questions seemed to be designed not for a right or wrong answer but so they can see how you would react or behave on an individual level in different scenarios.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chelceyg)
    I also am awaiting my interview at KCL just generally looking at examples online has helped and you can kind of anticipate the kind of questions they will ask you. The questions seemed to be designed not for a right or wrong answer but so they can see how you would react or behave on an individual level in different scenarios.
    Thanks...I cant find any examples. Could you link them up, please ?

ReputationRep:
    I've been to an MMI interview, not at King's but I'm sure the process would be kind of similar. But basically, there were like 5 different stations we had to go to. Each station had a different question to ask and pretty much most of the questions were not even relevant to nursing. They gave me a situation in which I had to come up with a solution, but it wasnt relevant to nursing 😳 We had 5 mins in each station so I was rushing my answers 😏 which wasnt a very good idea because my answers ended up being brief. But I think its more relaxed once you go through the first few stations..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I'm also waiting to have my MMI for Kings it's in about three weeks I'm assuming Kings will be very similar to the MMI that the other unis have been doing, they all seem to vary a bit in how long you speak for but they seem pretty much the same. My MMI at Surrey uni was 6 stations I think and each one was four minutes long with a one minute break in between where they would score you. The type of things they ask do vary a lot but they are all look for the same thing, if you read the thing on the NHS website on the 6 C's http://www.england.nhs.uk/wp-content...a5-leaflet.pdf then you're pretty much covered since this is what they are looking for in the answers although don't take my word for it . The questions i was asked started with how i would react to a scenario, this is a really good website for examples http://multipleminiinterview.com/mmi-questions/ I actually got the second one which was lucky Then after the scenarios they asked me questions like why i wanted to be a nurse and why specifically that field of nursing as well as any jobs or subjects that i had found difficult.

Hope that helped

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mills_1)
    Hey! I'm also waiting to have my MMI for Kings it's in about three weeks I'm assuming Kings will be very similar to the MMI that the other unis have been doing, they all seem to vary a bit in how long you speak for but they seem pretty much the same. My MMI at Surrey uni was 6 stations I think and each one was four minutes long with a one minute break in between where they would score you. The type of things they ask do vary a lot but they are all look for the same thing, if you read the thing on the NHS website on the 6 C's http://www.england.nhs.uk/wp-content...a5-leaflet.pdf then you're pretty much covered since this is what they are looking for in the answers although don't take my word for it . The questions i was asked started with how i would react to a scenario, this is a really good website for examples http://multipleminiinterview.com/mmi-questions/ I actually got the second one which was lucky Then after the scenarios they asked me questions like why i wanted to be a nurse and why specifically that field of nursing as well as any jobs or subjects that i had found difficult.

Hope that helped
    Oh wow, thanks so much for all the information - it'll definitely be useful for my KCL interview You got the exact same scenario on the website? That's luck of you haha! If you don't mind me asking, what other questions did they ask you and did ask any ethics related questions? Thanks so much!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ql_xo)
    I've been to an MMI interview, not at King's but I'm sure the process would be kind of similar. But basically, there were like 5 different stations we had to go to. Each station had a different question to ask and pretty much most of the questions were not even relevant to nursing. They gave me a situation in which I had to come up with a solution, but it wasnt relevant to nursing ������ We had 5 mins in each station so I was rushing my answers ������ which wasnt a very good idea because my answers ended up being brief. But I think its more relaxed once you go through the first few stations..

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh right, I see. I wish you the best with your application! Do you mind me asking what kind of scenarios and questions they asked? Were they difficult to answer? Thank you

ReputationRep:
    You're welcome! They actually only ended up asking those two questions about why I wanted to be a nurse which included what work experience I had and then the one about what subject I dropped, there were six stations so the other four were all scenarios ethics is kind of included in the scenarios I think but they didn't specifically ask about ethics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mills_1)
    You're welcome! They actually only ended up asking those two questions about why I wanted to be a nurse which included what work experience I had and then the one about what subject I dropped, there were six stations so the other four were all scenarios ethics is kind of included in the scenarios I think but they didn't specifically ask about ethics
    Oh right, I see. That doesn't sound too bad so i'm hoping it'll be the same for me haha Thank you and good luck with your application

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smariakatrina)
    Oh right, I see. That doesn't sound too bad so i'm hoping it'll be the same for me haha Thank you and good luck with your application
    Hey, have you heard back from kings yet? And just wanted to ask how was the mmi?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by science33)
    Hey, have you heard back from kings yet? And just wanted to ask how was the mmi?
    Hey
    No, I haven't but I don't want to get my hopes up getting a place because it's so competitive :/ Did you go on the 12th as well?

ReputationRep:
    Hey
    No, I haven't but I don't want to get my hopes up getting a place because it's so competitive :/ Did you go on the 12th as well?
    Oh no.. I went on the 14th. I couldn't finish the literacy test. How was your mmi ? Is it really hard?

ReputationRep:
    Oh no.. I went on the 14th. I couldn't finish the literacy test. How was your mmi ? Is it really hard?
    Yeah same... I can't say anything specifically because of the whole declaration form but everyone was really friendly and welcoming so I honestly wouldn't worry about it! They were all easy to talk to

ReputationRep:
    Yeah same... I can't say anything specifically because of the whole declaration form but everyone was really friendly and welcoming so I honestly wouldn't worry about it! They were all easy to talk to
    Oh okay thank you. But do you have any tips on preparation for the mmi? ( if its okay for you to share your tips, like any revison websites or such). I'm really sorry. Just a bit nervous.

ReputationRep:
    Oh okay thank you. But do you have any tips on preparation for the mmi? ( if its okay for you to share your tips, like any revison websites or such). I'm really sorry. Just a bit nervous.
    Tbh, you can't really prepare for an mmi, like you can for a panel interview because the whole format is completely random. I watched this video which I found quite helpful and I had a practice interview with my mum (she's a nurse), but other than that, that's really it!

VIDEO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLxz4pCBXKo

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone tell me the format for the MMI? Like how many stations are there and how long is each station?

ReputationRep:
    Tbh, you can't really prepare for an mmi, like you can for a panel interview because the whole format is completely random. I watched this video which I found quite helpful and I had a practice interview with my mum (she's a nurse), but other than that, that's really it!

VIDEO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLxz4pCBXKo

Hey, I have my MMI for Kings on the 18th and when I've been looking at the online examples a lot of them seem really complicated and long winded. Is this true for the MMI at Kings as well?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shazi_x)
    Hey, I have my MMI for Kings on the 18th and when I've been looking at the online examples a lot of them seem really complicated and long winded. Is this true for the MMI at Kings as well?
    I found the MMI at King's alright tbh! It's not as complicated as everyone makes it out to be! Just be confident and chatty and you should be just fine

ReputationRep:
    Have you heard back from Kings by any chance? It's almost been 3 weeks and I've heard nothing!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shazi_x)
    Have you heard back from Kings by any chance? It's almost been 3 weeks and I've heard nothing!?
    Yes - I heard back in Jan. They took around two weeks to reply back to me so I wouldn't fret too much about it, and I know they're still doing interviews so that could be a reason!

Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.