Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    From yesterday onwards i.e. on 17th October 2006 till 30th October 2006, www.historymatters.org.uk website has been inviting people from all across the Britain (or any one living abroad but with close link to Britain, etc.) to write their online blog/diary on this website.

Website asks for Britons to write about their life's experience of 17th October 2006, i.e. what they did from the moment they woke up till the moment they hit the bed i.e. about their working life, their thoughts, what they watched on TV & what's in the news, etc.

This will then be saved in British Library & can be viewed by Joe Public in future, perhaps within few years, 10 years, 30 years, 50 years, 70 years from now onwards. This can be seen either by their relatives (son, grandson, etc.) or other historians, who can have a taste of WHAT British life was like on this particular day.

Is there anyone around who's or are thinking to contribute their 17th October's experience to be viewed by others ??? If so, what exactly are the things that they'd been writing about ???

ReputationRep:
    oo I might do this, I might say how I was nervous about a job interview, a bit annoyed my UCAS welcome letter didnt come, how I did no work at all in school that day.

Yeh, it's boring, but it'll keep me busy for 5 minutes :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Sparkle*)
    oo I might do this, I might say how I was nervous about a job interview, a bit annoyed my UCAS welcome letter didnt come, how I did no work at all in school that day.

Yeh, it's boring, but it'll keep me busy for 5 minutes :P
    Mind you, it MAY sound rather boring to mention these rather trival details, but rather intrigued to view it yourself or for anyone who knows you, in future.

In fact, what you said is EXACTLY what's been asked from people. They want people writing about their NORMAL day in equally NORMAL way, so no need to jazz things up to make it intrigued for reader.

By the way, I reckon you grand children would be too pleased to witness what their granny had been up to in her "hayday" Try not to disclose any details of your sexual encounter (provided you had one), since they might get an impression of their granny being rather "naughty"

ReputationRep:
    I think someone posted a thread about this yesterday...

I think it's a good idea, although I haven't made an entry, even though you have until the end of October to write about what you did on the 17th. :p:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.