Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hey I'm in sixth form and have to choose my uni course soon. I'm wondering how useful a marketing degree is if you want to go into marketing? I've heard that they value other degrees more highly?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KatieMich)
    Hey I'm in sixth form and have to choose my uni course soon. I'm wondering how useful a marketing degree is if you want to go into marketing? I've heard that they value other degrees more highly?
    Other degrees will probably be more valuable but you should do a degree you enjoy. Besides, if you have a marketing degree and are applying for a marketing position, you would come across as already having the skills needed so would be likely to get hired. Best of luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KatieMich)
    Other degrees are valued more highly only if you are applying for jobs that require those more in-depth knowledge of those functional disciplines, such as Economics. If you are not planning a career in areas where such knowledge is essential, then a more broad degree may be better preparation, especially if you enjoy it. If a marketing career is what you are aiming for, then a marketing degree, a business management degree (because there are marketing modules and give you a broad business understanding) or even a degree in psychology will be good. Joint honours is another alternative e.g. degree in marketing and psychology.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.