Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

early risers... whats your secret? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam Walters)
    I tend to burn the candle at both ends. Its probably not much good for me.

I probably average 5 hours sleep a night. An all nighter due to working on things every other week is not uncommon. But my motivation levels are through the roof. I work 42 hours a week and spend perhaps 40 working on all my little projects.
    little projects:?

ReputationRep:
    Go to bed early you big lettuces.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Honey:))
    i hope its not determined by your genes. and even if i so happened to have a 'late riser' gene,... don't mean i can't try!
    http://www.sleepdex.org/chronotypes.htm

Best thing to do is to work without your natural sleep cycle as much as possible. We simply just do not rest well if we don't sleep at the time of the day when our bodies want to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    It's to do with melatonin production, and when you're exposed to light it isn't made, so you don't get sleepy.

I don't switch my phone off, but I make a conscious decision to not check it at night.

I do wake up thought at like half 10, then at midnight, then 1ish,then 2ish then 4 ish and then 6 ish and then yeah, either I have to wake up for school, or weekend and I try and get back to sleep.

Lol the reason I have advice is cos I have a friend who's quite bad. Not that he takes the advice... Well idk if he does haha

Also no large meals before you sleep.

Yeah, I end up sending text messages which are... Lol j a bit weird, it's like a look into my consciousness
    No large meals? large meals make me fall asleep faster than anything, because the blood is being diverted to the GI tract and your parasympathetic system becomes more active.

I know that large meals before bed can cause you to gain weight but for going to sleep they are very useful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Okorange)
    No large meals? large meals make me fall asleep faster than anything, because the blood is being diverted to the GI tract and your parasympathetic system becomes more active.

I know that large meals before bed can cause you to gain weight but for going to sleep they are very useful.
    That's the first time I've heard about the 'large meal' advice!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Okorange)

Well I'm quite scared about getting fat fat, so maybe I mixed the two up :lol:

Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.